Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2023, 04:52 AM
    Atlanta's mostly peaceful protest
    A riot has been ongoing in Atlanta . What is the issue ? Massive protests erupted with the decision of Atlanta to build a police and fire fighter training center to better protect the public

Police used tear gas and flash-bang grenades Monday to halt a march seeking to stop construction of a police and firefighter training center in Atlanta. More than 500 people on Monday marched about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from a park to the site, which is just outside the Atlanta city limits in suburban DeKalb County. A wedge of marchers, including some in masks, goggles and chemical suits intended to protect against tear gas, pushed into a line of officers in riot gear on a road outside the training center site. Officers pushed back and then responded with tear gas, with one protester throwing a canister back at officers. Protests against the proposed training center — dubbed “Cop City” by opponents — have been going on for more than two years. Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr obtained a sweeping indictment in August, using the state’s anti-racketeering law to target 61 protesters, characterizing them as “militant anarchists.” Protesters called the event “Block Cop City” and events were held across the country to support Monday’s demonstration. It was the latest effort to stop construction, part of a protest movement that has galvanized environmentalists and anti-police protesters across the country

Police and protesters clash at Atlanta training center site derided by opponents as 'Cop City' | AP News

Atlanta 'Cop City' protesters clash with police over construction of training center (yahoo.com)

The video shows the cops have trucks backing them up. My advice would be to put wide plows on them and clean the street.

Check out some similar questions!

NYC to pay BLM 'mostly peaceful' protesters [ 1 Answers ]

Hope you don't bust a gut laughing too hard. During the BLM riots .....oops I mean mostly peaceful protests ; significant damage was done in the city especially to mom and pop businesses. At least 450 were damaged and many remain closed to this day. NYC and the Courts awarded the businesses...

Desperate For a Peaceful Solution, Making me ill! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here so a fast summary before I ask my question is only right. I am 43, single, no kids at home. I have ovarian cancer since 2004, with a total of 8 surgeries, six months of chemo, and just had my last one was the end of May. I have Bipolar, PTSD, OCD along with other problems I can't...

Peaceful Protest [ 4 Answers ]

What do I need to do to organize a peaceful political protest at my state capital?

Very twisted, yet peaceful [ 17 Answers ]

OK, I was in an abusive marriage for 5 years. My husband was basically the cycle of abuse to the hilt! During my twisted marriage, I reconnected with one of my friends from high school (a guy). My husband encouraged this relationship and would tell me to call my friend when he did not want to deal...

Peaceful Political Protest [ 2 Answers ]

What do I need to do to stage a peaceful political protest at my state capitol?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.