Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2023, 05:41 AM
    The NY Slimes is woke....but not woke enough
    The Slimes completely bought into the woke agenda .But for the cancel culture you cannot be too woke . As predicted when Jacobins run out of enemies to feast on ;they turn on each other .
    They are accused of editorial bias in covering the transformer et al community by various contributors to the paper .

NYT Contributors’ Letter (nytletter.com)

They accuse the paper of biased coverage and contributing to fear by treating “gender diversity with an eerily familiar mix of pseudoscience and euphemistic, charged language while publishing reporting on trans children that omits relevant information about its sources” .
    They specifically refer to Slimes reports ;

The Battle Over Gender Therapy - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

When Students Change Gender Identity, Should Schools Tell Their Parents? - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

(both subscription)

Activist went to work
    In one instance a truck drove around Slimes HQ demanding they cease biased coverage of trannies .

N.Y. Times contributors and LGBTQ advocates send open letters criticizing paper's trans coverage (nbcnews.com)

They say the publications articles were used as sources in state legislatures debates and in court filings about the issues involved .

An Arkansas amicus reads

Most recently the New York Times Magazine published an article titled, “The Battle Over Gender Therapy,” which recognized that “[m]ore teenagers than ever are seeking transitions, but the medical community that treats them is deeply divided about why—and what to do to help them.
    This comes shortly after The New York Times itself covered the controversy.2 Discussing guidelines from the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), the Times explains that “experts in transgender health are divided on these adolescent recommendations, reflecting a fraught debate over how to weigh conflicting risks for young people, who typically can’t give full legal consent until they are 18 and who may be in emotional distress or more vulnerable to peer influence than adults are.”
    11th Cir Brief - Filemarked.pdf (texasattorneygeneral.gov)

But the Slimes is just stating the facts about the issue . Sometimes facts are not woke.
    The Slimes responded to the attack from inside

“Our coverage of transgender issues, including the specific pieces singled out for attack, is important, deeply reported, and sensitively written. The journalists who produced those stories nonetheless have endured months of attacks, harassment and threats,”

Well yeah . That's the cancel culture's MO . The Slimes says such actions by their staff will not be tolerated . Still the cancel culture smells blood and the Slimes allows the inmates to run the asylum. The Slimes will buckle to the pressure .

Check out some similar questions!

NFL Goes with Woke Helmets [ 2 Answers ]

The NFL has announced that players can use these messages on their helmets. "End Racism," "Stop Hate," "It Takes All of Us," "Black Lives Matter," "Inspire Change" and "Say Their Stories." Why not, "End Abortion", or "Promote Two Parent Families", or "All Lives Matter", or "Latino/Asian Lives...

I am woke [ 264 Answers ]

Yes I am woke . I know I am woke. How do I know I am woke ? Well I learned my lessons from the Kavanaugh hearings that a women ;no matter how uncredible she may be ;when she makes a charge ,she is to be believed . So I have been listening to the Dem static the last few days . White ,Blonde hair...

Woke up during the procedure [ 2 Answers ]

I had surgery tow weeks ago under general anesthesia but woke up during the procedure - it has been recorded in my medical notes, but would like to know what my options are in trying tp decide what to do next. Thanks

Cat woke up limping [ 4 Answers ]

My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.