Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phadlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Islamic Credit Card?
    I would like to know how islamic bank introduce credit card and how does it follow Shariah rules in prohibiting interest rate in credit card?
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 25, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Phadlie
    i would like to know how islamic bank introduce credit card and how does it follow Shariah rules in prohibiting interest rate in credit card?

Well, I'd imagine it doesn't care about the Shariah rules, since the bank probably isn't a religious institution but a financial one. In what country, would this bank be located? Knowing the rules of Shariah, why would any practicing Muslim want to get a credit card knowing that it would charge interest?

In the USA, banks don't care what religion a credit card user is. To take out a credit card, the user must sign an agreement that states interest will be charged. So would it also be a violation of Shariah to apply for a credit card and use a credit card knowing that interest will be charged?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Credit card issuers make more money off the merchant transaction fees than they do interest, so I suppose there could be such a thing.

Introducing it would be something for the marketing department.
    heyyabeyya Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 14, 2009, 04:51 AM
    Islamic Credit Card Based on Bai` `inah
    Islamic banking institution proposed to offer Islamic credit card based on the combination
    of bai` `inah and wadiah concepts. The proposed mechanism is as follows:
    i. The customer purchases an asset from the bank on deferred terms (the purchase
    price comprises cost plus profit); for example, RM11, 800 (RM10, 000 + RM1,
    800) to be paid within one year by the customer;
    ii. The customer thereafter will sell back the asset to the bank on cash basis (at
    cost value); for example, RM10,000. The selling price of the asset is lower than
    the purchase price. This is the amount which will be credited into a marginal
    wadiah account of the bank for customer's use.
    The above mechanism of Islamic credit card was proposed to the Council for
    deliberation to determine whether it is in compliance with Shariah.
    Resolution
    The Council in its 18th meeting held on 12th April 2001 / 22nd Muharram 1422
    resolved that the mechanism of Islamic credit card which applies bai` `inah
    concept to generate funds for credit purposes by a customer who requests for
    the Islamic credit card is permissible.
    heyyabeyya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Islamic banking institution proposed to offer Islamic credit card based on the combination
    i. The customer purchases an asset from the bank on deferred terms (the purchase
    ii. The customer thereafter will sell back the asset to the bank on cash basis (at
    cost value); for example, RM10,000. The selling price of the asset is lower than
    Resolution
    heyyabeyya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Resolution

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? [ 20 Answers ]

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? We increase our Debts like any thing when we have Credit Card because we spend /buy the goods with free hand / shopping habits, in this case will it not be a better to keep a debit card instead of a credit card? :confused: What are your views on...

No credit. Need suggestions for selecting a credit card with low APR [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I don't possess a credit card till now. I am planning to buy a car by applying loan. My friends advised me that if I pay my loan premium using a credit card, it would help building my credit history. They also told me to look for 0% APR (any such offer for the first year) or less APR to...

Looking for Islamic clip. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a film clip of a Muslim man beating his wife (hopefully not real footage.) I'm not sadist, I'm looking for this movie for a school project. I want to counter the clip with quotes taken from the Qu'ran.

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search