Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2019, 10:50 AM
    Exactly what I've posted, Tal. Let's use the system we have (and improve and enlarge it).
    You guys just plainly don't get it. Most of these people just cross the border illegally and are never processed in any way since they are sneaking in. Now with a wall in place, most of that will stop and then the process can be used properly.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 11:44 AM
    The process should ALWAYS be used properly whether people have been sneaking in or not. I take your point though of the many that sneak in and not get processed, but that is an unknown number and I am dubious a wall will ever stop them all, and digging tunnels is a economy all its own obviously well worth the effort for people and drug smugglers, and find one shut it down they dig 10 more. Lets not ignore the controversy of how the dufus is going about getting YOUR money to pay for the wall, or the way he even presents his "EMERGENCY" by intentionally slowing down the process for deterrent effects. That was both cruel and dumb, but you guys like his cruel dramatic ways.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 11, 2019, 11:59 AM
    A wall only misuses the resources from real issues to false security.
    A false sense of security is the only kind there is.

We like the Fact that Trump doesn't want to play "the game". He's going to get his wall, without giving the Dems Squat.The Dems would certainly fold on the wall issue, if only Trump would play ball with them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Most of these people just cross the border illegally and are never processed in any way since they are sneaking in. Now with a wall in place, most of that will stop and then the process can be used properly.
    They'll still sneak in. Once they find out a wall is in place, they'll bring along the equipment they need to dig under it or climb over it. Haven't you read about the boat launching that will take place to help refugees and immigrants get into the US via water? Just like all the prison escapes, where there's a will, there's a way!

We need more border stops with medical and food services and, of course, more well-trained agents and US sponsors.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2019, 01:25 PM
    Just like all the prison escapes, where there's a will, there's a way!
    And yet we have not abandoned the idea of prison walls because there is no better answer. There's a lesson to be learned there. And I doubt seriously that a million people a year will enter by boat. We confiscate the boats and they soon have no boats. They bring a backhoe onto American land to "attack" the wall, then we seize the backhoe.

Gosh. Not real complicated.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 11, 2019, 01:29 PM
    Maybe we should use the News Media? Have them fabricate a Story of torture and death for all those that enter through the southern Border.

oops, already been done.

Delete
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2019, 01:48 PM
    Why don't Americans become refugees from some of the Democrat districts ? I wouldn't blame them . Does Maxine Waters represent her district ? How ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=-owq0whScEc
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 01:49 PM
    And I doubt seriously that a million people a year will enter by boat. We confiscate the boats and they soon have no boats. They bring a backhoe onto American land to "attack" the wall, then we seize the backhoe.

Gosh. Not real complicated.
    Trains and planes and boats and ladders and shovels. And without electronics, how will anyone know who is where along the wall?
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2019, 01:54 PM
    Trains and planes
    Yep. Those million poor people a year now crossing illegally will all go out and buy a plane ticket.

boats and ladders and shovels. And without electronics, how will anyone know who is where along the wall?
    Fine. Put in some electronics. One way or the other, the river is slowed to a trickle. Mission accomplished.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2019, 03:16 PM

Fine. Put in some electronics. One way or the other, the river is slowed to a trickle. Mission accomplished.
    Yes electrify the wall, problem solved
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 03:53 PM
    Yep. Those million poor people a year now crossing illegally will all go out and buy a plane ticket.
    Plenty (plus drugs) are coming in via air and sea -- and across our northern border.

What river? A wall gives it to Mexico.
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2019, 07:19 PM
    Plenty (plus drugs) are coming in via air and sea -- and across our northern border.
    The vast majority simply walk/drive across our southern border. Build the wall.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 07:53 PM
    The vast majority simply walk/drive across our southern border. Build the wall.
    Those are refugees from Central America.
    Expert

Apr 12, 2019, 04:20 AM
    https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67589...-we-build-more

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46748492

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ss/1898283002/

For those that hate links to facts and data, the dufus LIES! He ain't done squat, and his emergency has yet to rise to previous high levels of migrants and certainly not from Mexico. Nobody asks why when repubs had power supreme he got no money for his wall, and even a dufus should know so you wall supporting right wing immigration hardliners can take a break and enjoy his antics, share popcorn with the rest of us or you can keep whooping and hollering like your fake hero, same results though, you get NOTHING...because he 's got nothing.
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2019, 04:33 AM
    From an article you linked. "Leaving aside the semantic difference between a wall and a fence, Trump is correct that fencing in San Diego, for example, significantly reduced "illegal traffic" when originally built decades ago. It also pushed border-crossers east, away from coastal San Diego, to areas where the fencing is less robust."

So if we had a wall all the way across, that would be the end of it. Thanks for the supportive link!

And no, you cannot say that 80,000 people a month from Central America are walking through Mexico to get to our border. Just not true. Most of them are still from Mexico.
    Expert

Apr 12, 2019, 08:38 AM
    From an article you linked. "Leaving aside the semantic difference between a wall and a fence, Trump is correct that fencing in San Diego, for example, significantly reduced "illegal traffic" when originally built decades ago. It also pushed border-crossers east, away from coastal San Diego, to areas where the fencing is less robust."

So if we had a wall all the way across, that would be the end of it. Thanks for the supportive link!

And no, you cannot say that 80,000 people a month from Central America are walking through Mexico to get to our border. Just not true. Most of them are still from Mexico.
    I gave you my facts, give me yours. My point was you will never get them all and the barriers built decades ago work pretty good if you don't mind them dying in the desert, or digging tunnels. You probably do.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2019, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I gave you my facts, give me yours. My point was you will never get them all and the barriers built decades ago work pretty good if you don't mind them dying in the desert, or digging tunnels. You probably do.
    Tal, the idea is to slow the flood to a trickle, as well as humanely stopping people from dying in the desert, etc. There is a deterrent effect if these "refugees" know that the only way in is through official channels. You will still have to deal with people smugglers, just as you have to deal with drug smugglers.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 12, 2019, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Tal, the idea is to slow the flood to a trickle, as well as humanely stopping people from dying in the desert, etc. There is a deterrent effect if these "refugees" know that the only way in is through official channels. You will still have to deal with people smugglers, just as you have to deal with drug smugglers.
    How will future refugees know that?
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2019, 05:26 PM
    The same way they know the path is wide open now. Word gets around.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 12, 2019, 05:32 PM
    The same way they know the path is wide open now. Word gets around.
    The boyfriends all know each other?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New Mexico estate question for who gets paid first [ 22 Answers ]

My mother passed away in September 2013. She had a home with a mortgage, no medical bills, TONS of "stuff" (I would have to call it hoarding), 2 credit card bills (one very small, one about $1700). I have a brother and there was a will. She willed everything to us to split evenly. I am the...

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is __ [ 2 Answers ]

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is ______. A) natural boundary, man made. B) river, the ocean. C)lake, a natural boundary. D)river, a line of longitude.

View more questions Search