Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2019, 09:33 AM
    My solution is a joint effort between Mexico and the US to address those core issues and that is stabilize those parts of South America that produces those desperate humans fleeing regional conflicts.
    I'm all for it, though it would be an enormous undertaking, especially considering that the United States is essentially broke. In the meantime, we build a wall so we can control who does, and does not, enter through our southern border. That's what I call dealing with life on its own terms.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 09:42 AM
    The US isn't the only country experiencing refugees at its border. The political and economic upheaval in Venezuela is causing refugees to flee to neighboring countries, in particular, to Colombia, where my sponsored child lives. Thus, I get regular emails from Compassion International about disaster relief and the needs of the refugees and their children. I'm sure CI is asking other sponsors for financial help for the refugees on our southern border.

the United States is essentially broke.
    Huh??? What about our fantastic economy??? What are the members of our churches and synagogues and mosques and temples doing to relieve human suffering???
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2019, 09:51 AM
    Huh??? What about our fantastic economy??? What are the members of our churches and synagogues and mosques and temples doing to relieve human suffering???
    We are 22 trillion in debt and accumulating more as fast as we can. President Obama managed to accumulate almost half of that in only eight years, and Trump is doing but little better. So any plan we formulate with our southern neighbors will only contribute more to that. It's all going to come down sooner or later, and honestly, any country as gung-ho for abortion as we are deserves it.

I'm all for supporting child feeding programs. My wife and I engage in it ourselves. I am sometimes amazed when I think of what the church could do if we were genuinely committed. We could both feed a lot of hungry children and put the great majority of, and perhaps all, abortion clinics out of business.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 10:05 AM
    quaint idea 'core issues ' What if the core issues' solution is regime change ? (which I believe is the case in at least Honduras and Venezuela ) The core issue with starvation in Venezuela is a jack booted dictator trying to create a communist utopia. In Honduras it is even more disturbing . https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-murders.html
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 10:12 AM
    LOL, churches and releif efforts depends on the charity and donations of others and unpaid volunteers. So while you are stuck on abortions, the greater need goes unmet. We agree about the debt, but the challenge before us is an even bigger thing to deal with and the dufus and his wall is but a waste of time and a distraction from meeting that challenge. Like a wall will protect us from the real enemies we face. A wall for a misdemeanor offense? Really.

Have you lost your freakin' mind?

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    quaint idea 'core issues ' What if the core issues' solution is regime change ? (which I believe is the case in at least Honduras and Venezuela ) The core issue with starvation in Venezuela is a jack booted dictator trying to create a communist utopia. In Honduras it is even more disturbing . https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-murders.html
    Regime changes is the best option in my book... starting right here at home and extending to many other regions. Poverty and starvation will surely make people run or join the army of dictators for a few ducats for bread for the families they leave behind. Yeah it's always been that way hasn't it?
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 10:23 AM
    that's why I say arm the refugees and send them back to take back their homes .
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Apr 10, 2019, 10:40 AM
    Let's be realistic guys. Walls are in.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Let's be realistic guys. Walls are in.
    Only amongst the nut jobs who cannot think of better options. Better to fortify your own dwelling from the evil hordes you see descending on you.

that's why I say arm the refugees and send them back to take back their homes .
    That could take years of training to be effective and we would still have to build them up with food and medicine to carry all those AR-15's. And rocket launchers. Unfortunately the dufus wants to boot the dreamers out of the army, and keep illegals out of the military.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Unfortunately the dufus wants to boot the dreamers out of the army, and keep illegals out of the military.
    The rich kids will claim bone spurs, high bp, and back pain, so who's left to fight for us?
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2019, 11:16 AM
    Only amongst the nut jobs who cannot think of better options.
    Again, Tal refers to name calling. I really shouldn't have to hear anymore protests from the lib side about name calling. It's on full display here.

So while you are stuck on abortions, the greater need goes unmet.
    I always regard it to be tragic when grown people cannot muster so much a speck of concern when children are being killed by the hundreds of thousands, and regard it to be a lesser need. As for needs being met, if you removed everything except the atheist aid organizations, there would be virtually nothing left. Thank God for the ministry of the church. It is not what it should be, but it is far above what unbelievers are doing.
    Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Again, Tal refers to name calling. I really shouldn't have to hear anymore protests from the lib side about name calling. It's on full display here.
    Guilty then, but because I do it you make it a lib problem but when the dufus does it what should we call that? Back to you.

PS That's just part of the way I deal with BULLIES, and nut jobs who cannot discuss a consensus solutions and dismiss anything beyond their own nose.

I always regard it to be tragic when grown people cannot muster so much a speck of concern when children are being killed by the hundreds of thousands, and regard it to be a lesser need. As for needs being met, if you removed everything except the atheist aid organizations, there would be virtually nothing left. Thank God for the ministry of the church. It is not what it should be, but it is far above what unbelievers are doing.
    I have as much concern about your abortion issues/views as how you support kids/women/FAMILIES to be treated and sent back to their deaths. That's why I continue to take the position you should stay out of people's personal business unless you will also aid in the raising of those kids in more substantive a minor than promoting your own personal morals. Food, shelter, medicine and some clothes to wear to school/work would be a start.

If the church were enough we wouldn't be in this mess.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2019, 11:44 AM
    Guilty then, but because I do it you make it a lib problem but when the dufus does it what should we call that? Back to you.
    I will say very readily that Trump, in his name calling, is as guilty as your are in your name calling.

I have as much concern about your abortion issues/views as how you support kids/women/FAMILIES to be treated and sent back to their deaths. That's why I continue to take the position you should stay out of people's personal business unless you will also aid in the raising of those kids in more substantive a minor than promoting your own personal morals. Food, shelter, medicine and some clothes to wear to school/work would be a start.
    So I'll ask again. How many of them are you housing? How many are you personally feeding? If you want to start a charitable organization to help those people in their own countries, then let me know and I'll help. But your solution is basically to let the entire distressed population of Mexico and Central America just move to our country, all tens and tens of millions of them. Well no, I don't agree with that. And it gets old to hear your appeal to charitable superiority over the rest of us when it's not costing you anything. When you start going to Mexico and trying to help people there so they will have a better life in their own countries, then let me know. I'll help out and you will, without question, have earned the respect of all the rest of us, but as long as it's just words, it doesn't count that much.

Now Tal, you know that you and I are very honest with each other. I say nothing here for the purpose of insulting you. I hope you understand that. One thing about you that I really like. You do not speak in mysteries. You are not "yes" today and "no" tomorrow. You do not try to conceal yourself in some murky, middle ground. I like that a great deal. If you think I'm an SOB on some topic, you just come out and say it. Clarity is a great thing between friends.

Apr 10, 2019, 02:26 PM
    Walls are in.
    You can try and reinvent the wheel (wall), until you do, walls are it.

Only amongst the nut jobs who cannot think of better options. Better to fortify your own dwelling from the evil hordes you see descending on you.
    Such is the World.

You might view walls as being primitive but they are still being used, built, functional, in todays world...more then ever before.

Only amongst the nut jobs who cannot think of better options.
    Who is it you are describing here (You've been saying this exact thing all along) ?

You said it, it is our only option...Build the Wall!

We should encourage people with problems to just run away. But if they have nowhere to run...

Uber Member

Apr 10, 2019, 03:23 PM
    Walter, very well said.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 04:54 PM
    everyone who doesnt think we need a wall should leave their doors unlocked .
    Expert

Apr 10, 2019, 05:05 PM
    I can be an absolute SOB myself JL. On any subject at any time. Everybody knows that. Frustrating for others I know.

@Waltero, If you build a wall to keep from helping those running to you for help, then you don't get to hide behind Jesus. Admit your fear and pray for courage.

everyone who doesnt think we need a wall should leave their doors unlocked .
    I lock my doors for security against my fellow Americans, most are lunatics, and criminals. What does that have to do with a wall against desperate poor and afraid men, women, and children unless you believe the lying cheating dufus who wants YOU to pay for it because Mexico told him to screw himself.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2019, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I can be an absolute SOB myself JL. On any subject at any time. Everybody knows that. Frustrating for others I know.

@Waltero, If you build a wall to keep from helping those running to you for help, then you don't get to hide behind Jesus. Admit your fear and pray for courage.

I lock my doors for security against my fellow Americans, most are lunatics, and criminals. What does that have to do with a wall against desperate poor and afraid men, women, and children unless you believe the lying cheating dufus who wants YOU to pay for it because Mexico told him to screw himself.
    And yet you won't lock your door against the invaders, many of whom are criminals, as your president has told you. Mexico will pay in many ways and are already paying. You can do something about the poor, it is called untied foreign aid, but no, your military-industrial complex insists on preserving their profits by benefiting from every dollar of aid you give. Why don't you just dump your food, your equipment on their shores, it would be cheaper and more effective

Apr 10, 2019, 07:45 PM
    Waltero, If you build a wall to keep from helping those running to you for help, then you don't get to hide behind Jesus. Admit your fear and pray for courage.
    Who here is using the Bible (Jesus) to Justify thoughts and actions? Am I reaching out living the message?
    The world works independently of Christ. A wall will prevent many hardships.

Christian charitable activity should be independent of parties and ideologies. It is not a means of changing the world ideologically, and it is not at the service of worldly stratagems.

Quote:
    “I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. ... These two institutions screw us up enough
    on their own, so both of them together is certain death.”
    George Carlin

Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 06:00 AM
    To begin with, broadbrushing fleeing humans fron danger with the invaders label is not only highly prejudical, but deceptive rhetoric used to stoke fear and hate. The dufus uses it effectively on those that listen to him. It's an insult, to associate these so called invaders with criminals. A humane lawful process exists already to separate the vast humans with legitimate issues from those without, and even identify the undesirable criminals from the lot. Let's face it as inadequate as the system is in the view of many the dufus doesn't want to use it at all, nor want to garner the proper resources for it either. Such a failure exacerbates the problem, and the utter failure to effectively partner with other countries to deal with this shared issue should raise red flags as to the incompetence of this administration to rise to the challenge and selling a bill of goods to his base with the catch all of a wall.

The wall doesn't even address the issue of catching criminals, or the huge number of visa overstays or undocumented that have been here for decades, or the huge and dangerous problem of drugs that have fueled the narco driven unrest that contributes to people running in the first place. A wall only misuses the resources from real issues to false security.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 11, 2019, 08:54 AM
    A humane lawful process exists already to separate the vast humans with legitimate issues from those without, and even identify the undesirable criminals from the lot. Let's face it as inadequate as the system is....
    Exactly what I've posted, Tal. Let's use the system we have (and improve and enlarge it).

The wall doesn't even address ... the huge and dangerous problem of drugs that have fueled the narco driven unrest that contributes to people running in the first place.
    And let's get serious about the drug problem in the US. If so many of us didn't want illegal drugs, the narco salesmen wouldn't have a market to sell to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New Mexico estate question for who gets paid first [ 22 Answers ]

My mother passed away in September 2013. She had a home with a mortgage, no medical bills, TONS of "stuff" (I would have to call it hoarding), 2 credit card bills (one very small, one about $1700). I have a brother and there was a will. She willed everything to us to split evenly. I am the...

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is __ [ 2 Answers ]

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is ______. A) natural boundary, man made. B) river, the ocean. C)lake, a natural boundary. D)river, a line of longitude.

View more questions Search