Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bananas5498 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2014, 07:54 PM
    rash under breast
    My left breast has been red underneath aand swollen and is hard to the touch since this morning and I have looked online but still can't find out what it is or what is causing it
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2014, 07:01 AM
    That is why you go see a dermatologist. Not a good idea to ask for diagnosis and treatment on line as the answers you receive may be wrong.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 09:02 AM
    I am assuming you keep everything clean and dry? Wash your bras and air out your breasts?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 12:31 PM
    I walk around quite often braless, holding up my breasts to air them out. Doesn't everyone do that??

Sounds like a rash from perspiration under the breasts, solved with some ointment similar to diaper rash ointment, anything with fish oil in it. Most of all, dry well underneath after a shower or bath.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 21, 2014, 12:44 PM
    There are various skin conditions you can get under the breasts (and armpits, groin, belly button, etc). One is called intertrigo. It is usually yeast but can also be bacterial. It produces a beet red or even purple rash, and a smell much worse than the usual one.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 01:40 PM
    Well, not thinking of the rash that has an odour, but is very red and sore, and is bacterial. Many women get this in the summer from sweating.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 02:28 PM
    @tickle. It is a matter of wearing something that wicks the moisture away. It is probably a sweat rash. Depending on the size of her breasts the underside wouldn't dry out right and could cause the rash. It isn't really comfortable to have a layer of fabric, like a tank top or what not, between your breast and your chest but it can be required to make sure the skin has a chance to breath. Some of the bras I have seen, do not wick moisture away as well as they could.
    Expert

Jan 21, 2014, 04:29 PM
    @Craven, yes, I think that is what I said. Personal Support Workers are involved in rashes like this all the time; advising and treating and curing.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 07:53 AM
    It was hard to tell if you were being sarcastic and condescending or agreeing.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 09:55 AM
    That is upsetting ! You thought I was being sarcastic or condescending? I don't think I would be either to another member in this community. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I was agreeing because we were supposedly in the same page.
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 AM
    I completely misread that. I am so sorry. :-( I have had baby brain something fierce over the last couple days. It has been a mixture of exhaustion and an illness coming on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast producing milk after year and a half of giving birth never breast feed. [ 1 Answers ]

While I was pregnant I went to doctors about a lump in my right breast he said it was calcium build up. I'm just wondering if this could have anything to do with whatever it is that squirts from my nipples when pressed. I never breast feed but I did have a hard and long labour of 42 hours first...

Allergy rash or heat rash?? [ 1 Answers ]

My mom has red spots and bumps on her face and neck and she says it itches and it stings. We've tried putting aloe (both bottled and straight from the plant) as well as ice compress. She has been taking ibuprofen to get the redness and swelling down. What could she take or put on her skin to help...

Lumpy breast since breast formation [ 1 Answers ]

I have painful lumpy breasts since the time they were developing at age 8 or 9. I am 26 years old now and have had my breasts examined twice when the doctors said they would gradually go away. However they are still there and painful. Is there anything I should worry about or let them be like they...

What is the red bump on my breast? Not a pimple... A growth? Breast cancer? HELP [ 5 Answers ]

Like its by the nipple and its red.. doesn't pop, not a pimple.. hurts to rub, but sort of numb to poke.. about size of a small pinki fingernail.. worried it might be harmful?

New here.questions about breast pain, breast lumps [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old. I had my beautiful daughter 15 months ago... that was when I first discovered something was wrong. :confused: When my daughter was 6 weeks old, I felt a lump in my right breast. I thought for sure it was a clogged milk duct. I went in for my 6...

View more questions Search