Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stellaovoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2014, 11:24 PM
    How can doctors tell if you're not a virgin?
    So I'm 16 years old and my parents don't really trust me
    But when I was 15 I had a boyfriend and on March 1st we had sex for the first time. But I've also been fingered by him and bled for a little. I was wondering how a doctor can tell if I had sex and how? I've been. Stressing over this. For a while
    & I only had sex once but when he fingered me he did it hard and stuff. I used to masterbate too.. so how can they tell if I'm not a virgin? & can they tell my parents that I'm not a virgin?.
    KyutsuDanny Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 12:16 AM
    To actually lose your "virginity", this would require sexual intercourse. You have a thin membrane up in your vagina know as a hymen, and this is usually torn during sexual intercourse, sometimes causing a little pain or bleeding upon first sexual encounter.So the bleeding you had when your boyfriend fingered you might have torn the hymen. If your wondering how the doctor knew must be from the inspection of the hymen being torn. And it must depend on the doctor if they will or not tell your parents. Hope this helps you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2014, 04:59 AM
    Many women today break their hymen though exercise or daily activity, so even a torn hymen does not mean you are not a virgin. There is no test and no way to know.
    ** expect if you were pregnant, and then that is a obvious sign.

So the doctor can ask you, but there is nothing he can do, to tell if you are a virgin or not, even if he notices the hymen broken, that does not mean you are not a virgin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go to the doctors [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've been sexualty active for a while.Me and my boyfriend had sex yesterday and afterwards I noticed I was bleeding.What could that be from,should I go to the doctors?It couldn't be my period could it I just finished them about 12 days ago.

Anyone Doctors on here? [ 2 Answers ]

I have some odd symptoms that my doctors and clinic can figure out if you'd like to read on... I'd appreciate any speculation/guesses you or associates could provide. I began seeing my doctor about a year ago and I've visited around 6-7 times with next to no answers. I have little above average...

Why do female doctors earn signficantly less than male doctors? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the reasons for this difference? What evidence would support that part of the difference is due to bias/discrimination?

View more questions Search