Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cosxp Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 08:04 AM
    Finding side panel covering top roof wood frame.
    I've been searching aluminum type panel that covers wood frame on roof.
    Local homedepot or lowes do not have have these and I don't even know the part name..

I've already lost 2 panels on front of house where it's circled and
    Another one on back..

Please let me know if you have source where I can find.

creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2013, 08:31 AM
    These pieces are usually made on site by the siding installers.

HD does have soffit material but is not flat. It has 2 or 3 ribs running length of material.

Chuck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Its called facia and I agree that most are formed on site by an installed. It is not normally a diy project because a large tool, break, is required to bend the aluminium

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Covering up old ugly wood paneling in a 5th wheel trailer [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to make a ugly dark trailer bright and cherry.my idea is vinyl wall cover ing different styles for each area.anyone out there have any ideas you want to share with me.and I need to do new window covering as well

Insulating an a-frame wall / roof? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an a-frame (a triangle) seasonal cottage (a triangle). There is no attic, the walls (which are also the roof) go from the floor right to the peak. If these are sealed with poly and full of batts of insulation, can they not be treated like your standard 8' vertical wall and not require...

Can mold in wood be stopped by covering it with aluminum [ 3 Answers ]

Will molded wood stop molding/rotting after its covered by aluminum to shield it from weather ?

Insulating an A-Frame Roof (from outside and/or inside) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 40 year old house with a roof that needs to be both reroofed and insulated. The house is an A-Frame and the ceiling / roof consists of interlocking pine board on the inside, with cedar shingles on the outside. From what we can tell, there is nothing more than tar paper in...

Insulation of an A-frame roof [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We live in a 4 story A-frame with a huge roof surface area. The rafters of the roof are only 8". Seems to me that there is a lot of heat escaping thru the roof. The rooms can get cold. I'm toying with the idea of adding false walls and ceiling to the rooms. I would leave the...

View more questions Search