Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saul ahedo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2013, 08:46 PM
    The mother of my children spent my money that was in a safe deposit box
    We broke and then she told me it was gone... Keep in mind that I paid all the bills
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 3, 2013, 11:24 PM
    So ? She got to it first, obviously she had a key, and was listed at the bank to get into the box.

The money is gone, and there is nothing really you can do. You allowed her access to the money. Next time remember to keep it more secure.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2013, 04:55 AM
    I agree. Since she apparently had permission to access the box, it is unlikely you have much recourse.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 4, 2013, 05:00 AM
    Next time, deposit your money in an account. Safety deposit boxes are for valuable property other than money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safe deposit box and children joint accounts in jeopardy? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I live in Michigan and I have several credit cards, in my name only, that I can no longer pay on due to a decrease in my income. When I notified the companies that my income had decreased by half they refused to accept lower payments or work out a more manageable payment plan. I have...

Found CD in Safe deposit box - bank is gone [ 4 Answers ]

I found a 1k CD in my son's and my name (as custodian) that dates back to his birth in 1988. It is the original certificate so appears to have never been cashed in. How do I find out and redeem it (hopefully? The bank is no longer in existence in CT - it was Gateway Bank who was bought up or...

Banking Safe Deposit box/Written Contract --Unsure what to do [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, here is a slightly bizarre case. So Back in February 2008 I was let go from a bank due to something absolutely stupid. Anyway, in March when I went in to close out my checking account and my safe deposit box keys the Customer Service Manager wrote on one of her cards "free safe...

NY: suspect landlord has spent deposit [ 1 Answers ]

We rented a private home in New York state for six months and paid a $5,000 deposit. Our landlord is in financial difficulties (we get collection agency calls for him often and we understand he is trying to sell the house). We suspect that he has spent our deposit. We considered this landlord...

My Landlord spent my deposit [ 23 Answers ]

We rented a home. Recently we got wind the house was in foreclosure. Then in talking to the landlord he told us that he didn't have our $10,000 security deposit that he had in fact spent it. My fear is that if he is foreclosed on I can sue him for the deposit but if he is bankrupted I have no...

View more questions Search