Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diclou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2013, 02:16 PM
    What is a stye? Are they contagious?
    Is there an over the counter medicine to cure a stye?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2013, 02:20 PM
    A stye is an infection that causes a tender red lump on the eyelid. Most styes occur along the edge of the eyelid.

7 Things to Know About an Eye Stye - AllAboutVision.com
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 05:40 PM
    You can use lysine ointment to treat styes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prom is tomorrow night! How can I get rid of this stye? [ 7 Answers ]

I went to the doctor about it Tuesday when my stye looked like this: http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g365/dumblond01/Mobile Uploads/20120318_104427-1-1.jpg She gave me some erythromycin ophthalmic ointment to put in my eye 4 times a day. I've been doing this since then, but the stye has...

Still contagious [ 1 Answers ]

Last Sunday I began having a high fever (103), chills, and body aches. My step mother has recently had chemo and her blood platlets where removed and then replaced in Dec 2011. She has recently been receiving chemo once a month. My father is in town and I need to know if I am still contagious. ...

Get rid of stye [ 6 Answers ]

I have a stye and it's been over a week now. I went to my doctor and she prescribed me gentamicin ointment as well as cephalexin antibiotic pills a couple of days ago. I noticed my stye got bigger ever since I've been using the ointment. I stopped using the ointment, but I'm still taking the pills....

Stye eye [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! My situation is I have a 6 year old daughter and she has had this sty for 1 week already and today she was trying to clean it with a warm wet towel and blood started coming out. She began to cry and it was hurting her. She is better but it is still swollen and yellow. Please help what do...

Earmites contagious? [ 5 Answers ]

I previously had 2 Lhasa Apsos who had terrible problems with ear mites. They grew really old and had to be put to sleep. I got a my new puppy right before they were put to sleep. They met once, for a brief minute and never touched... (As you probably remember) I've had her around 3 weeks. She's...

View more questions Search