Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2013, 04:53 AM
    Weight loss and Capsaicin
    Capsaicin is found in chili and hot pepper and cayenne capsules. In your opinion can I get the same results from taking the cayenne capsules as I would eatting chili or hot peppers to speed up my metabolism?

Thanks in advance.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 11, 2013, 04:54 AM
    Yet another FAD diet supplement...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 04:56 AM
    How about a healthy diet and exercise?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 07:16 AM
    You would get the same benefit from a lot of pepper.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 25, 2013, 09:42 PM
    According to Dr. Oz you would. I saw that a couple of months back. Actually, there are lots of spices, herbs, and foods that you can eat to help boost your metabolism. I'd rather know first if you have any health problems, food sensitivities, etc.

As we age, we usually have to adjust our caloric intake accordingly. Try not to skip meals and especially breakfast. If you have not had anything to eat for 8-12 hours for example, you need to "break" the "fast". That will get your metabolism going. The opposite is true if you choose to fast. It will be hard for you to exercise too if you starve yourself. Overall it's just not healthy. Even a protein drink or healthy breakfast drink is OK.

I sometimes will have 4-5 small meals a day rather than 3. That does help with your metabolism and also keeps your blood sugar level healthy.

If you have a job where you sit most of the day, try and get short bursts of exercise however you can. There are lots you can do if even only 5 minutes at a time. Keeps the metabolism going.

Some people prefer to exercise in the morning to get it out of the way. This helps keep your metabolism revved up and your body would be like a hot box the rest of the day. You would burn calories throughout the day quicker. Just don't do what I do and have a double fudge sundae just because you had a good cardio workout. Don't deprive yourself but don't overdo it when you do treat yourself.

Drop a line if you're interested in knowing the other things you can eat to help with your metabolism. Just don't try any crazy diets because in the long run it can really affect your metabolism.

Be safe and healthy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am an over weight teen and I would like to loss weight [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys and gals. I am 17 yrs old. And have been overweight ever scense I can remember (all my life) and I really would like to finally loos weight I mean I am comfortable with myself but I know I need to get healthy Any tips?

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

View more questions Search