Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tanya77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 05:19 AM
    Money stolen
    Hi I am a pub manager, and after doing my books today £260 is missing, can I deduct this from staff wages as someone has obviously stolen it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 29, 2012, 05:22 AM
    No.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2012, 05:40 AM
    I'm curious to know what your reasoning is for this. Every employee is responsible for the actions of one? Never mind that fact that it might have been stolen by a customer reaching into the drawer. People work in pairs, one distracts you on one side of the register while the other one steals. Or that fact that you are one of the employees... how will you feel if the owner holds you liable?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 06:09 AM
    If you have proof, beyond a doubt, which staff member stole it, you may call the police and press charges,

But first no, all you know is that the books don't balance, you are, not sure why or how

And don't know if one did it,

So no, of course you can not just take it from all of them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Why don't you just take it out of your wages? After all, that's what you would be doing to the innocent party/parties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money Stolen with ATM transaction [ 12 Answers ]

Me and my husband live in Dallas TX. He tried to make a purchase and it seemed that the transaction was declined because there was not enough money. He checked online that day and say that there were 4 transactions that withdrew $100.00 from ATM on the day and time when he was still at work. It...

Uncle Has Stolen the Trist Money [ 5 Answers ]

I have been battling my uncle in probate court for 2 and 1/2 years and finally had him removed as the executor to my grandmothers Trust. The court has appointed a new executor and ordered my uncle to turn over all the books and assets to the new executor. So he went to the bank where the trust...

Stolen Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hey My ex-boyfriend and I had been together for 8 months. However during that time he hadn't been working much. When food needed to be paid for and fuel, I paid for it. When he moved into his new place, I paid for the bed, sheets etc. Problem is, I'm now in debt of $2000. Money that he owes...

Stolen money and ring [ 1 Answers ]

In rreference to my question about my landlord stealing my money and engagement ring I was advised by a lawyer to send a demand letter to my exlandlord first. Do you think that is a good idea?

Stolen money [ 3 Answers ]

I had a friend who I helped out when he was in jail.I posted bail for him and later on he decided to jump bail and of course my money was lost because he didn't show up for court one day. Before he did all of this I let him barrow a lot of money, I mean a lot of money and he said he was going to...

View more questions Search