Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    munmun51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
    My dad is abusing me can I go to foster care
    My dad will abuse me and call me names. He will deny the fact that he does it when I tell my mom about it. Everyone doesn't believe that it happens but it does. I feel that I need to go to foster care but my dad gets my mom on his side and they team up on me. What should I do??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by munmun51 View Post
    My dad will abuse me and call me names. He will deny the fact that he does it when I tell my mom about it. Everyone doesn't believe that it happens but it does. I feel that I need to go to foster care but my dad gets my mom on his side and they team up on me. What should I do????????

Report the abuse to the Police and they will call Child Protective Services.

You will live either in a group home or a foster home until you are 18, and then you will be emancipated, able to live on your own, find a job, support yourself.
    ylli925 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 06:38 AM
    Hey JudyKayTee for you its easy to say that cause your not in that situation
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2012, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ylli925 View Post
    hey JudyKayTee for u its easy to say that cause ur not in that situation

Hey ylli925 - what is your advice? I work in the legal system. Those are my credentials. What are yours?

You apparently feel that this is either inappropriate or incorrect advice/information: "Report the abuse to the Police and they will call Child Protective Services. You will live either in a group home or a foster home until you are 18, and then you will be emancipated, able to live on your own, find a job, support yourself." Again - what is your advice (other than criticizing me)?

EDIT: I just noted that you are intending to kill yourself due to the same situation - do you think that's a reasonable solution?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

What do I do about my dad who won't stop abusing pain meds? [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do about a father that has been abusing prescription medicine's for as long as I have been born and refuses to quit? He's 52 yrs old. Almost 2 yrs ago he lost both of his feet to a gallbladder infection that caused septic shock and heart failure. Me and my mom would drive 40miles to...

Foster care? [ 1 Answers ]

Can my parents give up their rights and put me in foster care? My step mom wants me to go. Can she do that? My mom has no legal custody of me. My dad and step mom have full guardianship. Im kind of worried

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search