Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karinmay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Why mom hates father and new baby for 64 years?
    My mom had me (2lbs 13 oz ) two months early out of wedlock.. My father left at 20 days old... I had a great step dad but when I married at 18, this was the first time I found out he wasn't my Dad.. He died 5 years later and 2 years later my Bio Dad entered my life with a knock on the door.

Mom always compared me to him but never sat down and talked of him.. Hatred was obvious. She would say she's just like her dad to others in the family... Later when she found out I knew him.. She was relentless saying she would "PUT DISTANCE" between me and my stepbrothers, and she has..

My brother closest to me denies he even knows me.. I am 64 years old and he is 63 the 1st born to my step-dad.. Now he is turning my other brother aged 61 against me.. I am heartsick about all this but am NOT prepared to take this any longer.. Mom isn't well but well enough not to give me a key though I am her main caregiver.. Also all her financial business is taken care of by the 1st step-brother..

There is more but that's mainly it.

Can You Help Me.. Karin
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
    I doubt they hate you but resent you befriending the guy that hurt their mother so many years ago, and maybe resent you tarnishing,or seeming disloyalagainst the memory of their dad.

Maybe its best to keep your relationship with your dad away from your family. Sorry it turned out so bad. You have not been trying to reconcile their old differences have you?

Jul 22, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I doubt they hate you but resent you befriending the guy that hurt their mother so many years ago, and maybe resent you tarnishing,or seeming disloyalagainst the memory of their dad.

Maybe its best to keep your relationship with your dad away from your family. Sorry it turned out so bad. You have not been trying to reconcile their old differences have you?
    My bio father is no longer alive and this stuff is still going on
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
    When people, even loved ones are unreasonable, then you separate yourself from them and let them wallow in their own issues. Especially when they exhibit bad behavior. Yes its sad, but confrontation seldom changes bad behavior so just stop accepting it from any of them.

I know you didn't asked to be born, NONE of us does! We don't choose our families, but as an adult we choose how we deal with them. What do they say about their own attitudes, and behaviors?

Jul 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
    They say nothing about their own attitudes and behaviours except they find it really easy to put me down all the time.. Whisper to each other in my presence and talk / lie behind my back.. My Mom even stayed with me a long time and when my brother arrived in town left without any notice.. She did not pay rent.but courtesy would mean a day or twos notice.. My cousin who is very close to her is angry about as is her sister, my cousin who is my age.. We are all cousins and they feel it is unjust.. As well two of my other cousins agree.. My question is how could she hate one person so much she wants to put it on to me and wreck the relationship I once had with my step brothers... I know ephesians 6.4 says fathers do not anger your children.. So what is her purpose..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom hates me [ 3 Answers ]

My mom hates me and told me so when I was young. We are now both Christians, and we are closer than ever before, but she constantly does things to hurt me. Like at Christmas I got a card, but my brother got a gift card and so did his wife, her daughter in law, I got an apology that she couldn't...

Abusive Husband/Father Keeping Baby from Mom [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separated a few months ago, we agreed that I would have our then 1 1/2 year old baby girl, during the day and he would have her at night. I expected to take her with me that night.He wouldn't let me and as she held on so tight to me, I thought of the only way to get her would be to...

My mom hates me [ 3 Answers ]

My mom has been treating me like dirt for the past few years, it has been really bad this year. She usually seems nice but every few days she gets mad at me for no reason. I try and keep good grades in school, but say if I miss an assignment, or forgot to turn something in, SHE GOES NUTS! And when...

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

13 YO hates Mom... please help [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 boys - 16 and almost 14. Since the divorce in 1998 my sons have lived in both homes until 2004 when my oldest became so angry and frustrated with the situation that he attempted to overdose on antibiotics. A clear scream for help. At that time Dad finally said he could come and live...

View more questions Search