Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susancalder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Board member responsibility for 501 c 3
    I am one of the Directors on a 501 c 3 board. One of our Board members is the designer of the website. He is the only one to add content as well. Without Board notification, he has linked his own, for profit business, he is also taking a tax deduction for his work on the page. As I read the IRS rules and regs, this constitutes inurement for the deduction. Am I correct?

I understand the link may be legal, but unethical, since he is not paying to advertise. We have acquired enough money over the past 18 months to have someone else (web designer-paid) and a paid hosting platform be better, best option?

Check out some similar questions!

501(c)3 - paid personnel on board, is it legal? [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a church and I understand that near half of the church board are paid individuals within the church. They are the senior pastor and the associate pastor. Is it legal for this to be going on?

Can a board member of a 501(c) get contracts with the 501(c)? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a board member that has a current contract with the 501(c) that he sits on the board for. Is this legal, ethical, allowed?

HOA Board Member Moves with board property [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently an HOA Board President. One of the board members (secretary) moved out of the community in the dark of night and abandoned his home. He took with him important documents mainly all board minute’s in addition or board seal. We have called, emailed and texted only to get no...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.