Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaf Posts: 7, Reputation: -2

May 24, 2012, 01:41 PM
    Another sex offender moving to mexico question
    I am registered in California and wanting to move to Mexico.

Not on probation or parole either.

Actually, spent time in appeals because of factual errors made by the courts,
    In the case, such as a lack of mention of a crime as defined by the legislature, and the criminal code.

My conviction was in a state in the midwest.

I've done more than my time, served probation, now I'd just kind of like to be obscure, and left alone.

i.e... not evicted again just because I appear on some website, and can't get a straight answer as to if I should appear.

No, there was no minor involved.

I live in North San Diego, and have wondered for a good few years about moving, or, taking up an address in Mexico.

How.
    The process.

Coming back in to North San Diego, where my daughter lives,
    That difficulty, length of time I can "visit".

I know people live in TJ and walk across the border to work, to school.
    Baja California plated cars are all over even up here.

Can I live there/have an address, and work in Cal
    Could it help get work.

Drivers license
    All that stuff.

Who has input on this?
    Have you done it too?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
    No one here can give you advice on how to circumvent the legal system. You apparently feel that you've done your time and should be free to do whatever you want. The Government doesn't seem to feel that way.

You need an Attorney to advise you. Anything else is guessing or advising you how to commit another crime.

What is the difference between "moving" and "taking up an address" in Mexico?

May 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No one here can give you advice on how to circumvent the legal system. You apparently feel that you've done your time and should be free to do whatever you want. The Government doesn't seem to feel that way.

You need an Attorney to advise you. Anything else is guessing or advising you how to commit another crime.

What is the difference between "moving" and "taking up an address" in Mexico?
    Maybe you tell me, you have an answer to almost everything.
    The government, and the courts haven't lifted much of a finger to
    Prove I did anything, I fought a long battle with ridiculous frivolous
    Responses to my appeal, and they failed to mention the actual criminal act.
    You can either believe me or not.

The word exonerate wouldn't exist if the courts were 100% spot on.

JudyKaytee is there some reason that you have to be an authority and yet RUDE! Thanks for your answer... but keep your personal feelings to yourself.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2012, 04:23 AM
    I asked a question. What is the answer? If I knew the answer I wouldn't have asked.

I stand by my statement - this boils down to your opinion about your "punishment" and that of the Government. Those opinons apparently differ. I'm ex-US Customs/Homeland Security. I've seen this question before from both sides. I've also heard the "I didn't do anything and yet I'm on the sex offenders registry" argument before. Yes, I realize that people present false ID, sneak across the border, do all sorts of things to enter (and leave) the US. That doesn't make it legal.

You were or were not exonerated? If you were, why are you on the offenders list? I see a lot of complaints about lack of proof and how the legal system works, followed by you being placed on the sex offenders registry. The length of time you spent in appeals in meaningless here - the final outcome is all that matters.

Again - ask an Attorney who knows the EXACT circumstances of your case.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 25, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf View Post
    Coming back in to North San Diego, where my daughter lives,
    that difficulty, length of time I can "visit".

I know people live in TJ and walk across the border to work, to school.
    Baja California plated cars are all over even up here.

Can I live there/have an address, and work in Cal
    Could it help get work.

drivers license
    all that stuff.

Who has input on this?
    Have you done it too?
    Hello aaf:

You won't get citizenship, so you'll have to maintain a tourist visa. That'll require visits to the US at least every 6 months to have your visa renewed.. I don't know WHAT happens to your name if you fall off the registry. I'm assuming that a warrant is issued, but maybe not. If one IS, you'll get caught at the border.. If not, every second you're in the US, you're in violation of the law, and subject to arrest.

Nahhh.. You're not going to be able to work in the US and live in Mexico. Without an American address, you're not going to be able to sustain your drivers license, and you won't get one in Mexico.

In short, if you go, go to STAY.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
    An appeal does not address the criminal act, you may only appeal on errors of procedure from the trial, ( actually innocence is not a reason to appeal ** as silly as it sounds)

So in their answers to the appeal, they only address procedure, not the crime itself.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 26, 2012, 08:37 AM
    No one here can give you advice on how to circumvent the legal system.
    Hello Judy:

I've been thinking about this...

The system says, if you live here, you need to register.. It doesn't say you can't move or leave the country. Certainly, it doesn't require anyone's PERMISSION to move. Mexico doesn't have a registry. If they wanted one, they could have one. But, as long as they don't, advising a sex offender HOW to move there, isn't circumventing anything.

excon
    Expert

May 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
    If he was to keep his passport up ( he will need some mailing address in the US) but as long as there is not a issue with a convicted felony visiting Mexico, he can stay there and only come back as needed for the visa requirements for tourist.

If he is not wanted by the police and does not have a warrant for his arrest, then he would not be stopped. Assuming the prior conviction does not stop his travel. And I do not think it will.

And some on the registery really should not be, we had a case here in GA where a man went behind a gas station to urinate, because they said the rest room was out of order.
    A police officer noticed him walk back there, and followed him and arrested him for exposing his self, the only person who say him was the police officer.
    The man was convicted and has to be on the sex offender registery.

Jun 9, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    An appeal does not address the criminal act, you may only appeal on errors of procedure from the trial, ( actually innocence is not a reason to appeal ** as silly as it sounds)

So in their answers to the appeal, they only address procedure, not the crime itself.

Fr
    Would you be interested in reading something, if I sent it to you in email?
    About me, my case, and your answer here.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2012, 01:09 PM
    I made a phone call to the Mexican Embassy, was given a website (MEXICO VS. UNITED STATES: MEXICAN IMMIGRATION LAWS ARE TOUGHER FactReal) and was told Mexican law is as follows. The sex registry status DOES matter. It also matters if the charge was a felony of misdemeanor. If Mexico wants to keep you out here is what they will reference: "Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society: Foreigners are admitted into Mexico ‘according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress.’ (Article 32); Immigration officials must ‘ensure’ that ‘immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance’ and for their dependents. (Article 34); Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets ‘the equilibrium of the national demographics,’ when foreigners are deemed detrimental to ‘economic or national interests,’ when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when ‘they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy.’ (Article 37); The Secretary of Governance may ‘suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest.’ (Article 38)"

This is the law. I'm not saying how it works. I'm just quoting Mexican Immigration Law.

Jun 9, 2012, 01:43 PM
    I was looking to communicate with Fr_ Chuck from his previous answer really.

Thanks for the info, and your interest in my thread, I'm not really sure why you have so much interest in my thread.

You do like to answer questions all over the boards I see.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2012, 02:15 PM
    I have no idea what you're talking about and, yes, I answer questions all over AMHD. FrChuck cannot respond to you individually - it's against the AMHD rules. Have you read them?

I don't own a copyright on my screen name and, yes, I'm aware someone else was using the same name. It was someone who posted here, on AMHD, in two names and argued with herself.

I'd be very sure of the facts before you start accusing me of being blacklisted anywhere. Post the URL and let me see what it's about. If it's not me you are simply making false accusations. I don't know exactly what you are accusing me of, but I'm sure when I get the URL I can figure it out.

I pay no more attention to your thread than I do to any other thread. As an adult victim rape I do have stronger feelings about sexual predators and offenders than other people have. In my case here also was no minor involved. We were both adults.

However, I DID post the explanation of Mexican law, without bias on my part, which explanation I haven't seen on this thread before.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2012, 02:16 PM
    While of course I being a nosy person love to read things, I refrain from off board contact as it is against site rules for parts of the question or answer.. I only do minor chit chat off board or PM with a few of the posters here that have been answering questions together for more than 14 years now.

Jun 13, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Sorry, Fr Chuck, I didn't get a notice that you posted anything here

Not so much to chit chat, and not really looking for another answer,
    Or that I have a question.

You made a comment about my apeal, and thought I'd forward you something to look at in raltionship to that.

Further comments about, any, if there are, any would be welcome back here I suppose.

Jun 13, 2012, 04:29 PM
    I have no idea what you're talking about and, yes, I answer questions all over AMHD. FrChuck cannot respond to you individually - it's against the AMHD rules. Have you read them?

I don't own a copyright on my screen name and, yes, I'm aware someone else was using the same name. It was someone who posted here, on AMHD, in two names and argued with herself.

I'd be very sure of the facts before you start accusing me of being blacklisted anywhere. Post the URL and let me see what it's about. If it's not me you are simply making false accusations. I don't know exactly what you are accusing me of, but I'm sure when I get the URL I can figure it out.

I pay no more attention to your thread than I do to any other thread. As an adult victim rape I do have stronger feelings about sexual predators and offenders than other people have. In my case here also was no minor involved. We were both adults.

However, I DID post the explanation of Mexican law, without bias on my part, which explanation I haven't seen on this thread before.

Accused, convicted and labeled 6 years ago.

Victimized myself, about 7 months ago, I told my Psy.D. and nobody else, not my family, not my in laws, or the police, nobody else except this anonymous forum just now.
    I'm the victim of a medical "professional" of all things, who did not know of my conviction.

Sent you what I had found, and what I wanted to send that other person.

Not sure if it warrents comments or further discussion here.
    If it does, it does,
    If not, it doesn't.
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
    I got nothing from you and that includes whatever you found about me on the Internet - of course, I've already explained that I don't have a copyright on the name.

You were the victim and YOU have a record? Something isn't right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender moving to mexico [ 12 Answers ]

I am a registered sex offender in California and wanting to move to mexico. Do I have to register in Mexico?

Which would modify more quick, an arctic air mass moving over the gulf of mexico in wint [ 0 Answers ]

Which would modify quicker, an arctic air mass moving over the gulf of mexico in winter or a maritime tropical air mass moving into the southeastern united states in summer?

I am a sex offender and I don't have a sex offense on my record. [ 4 Answers ]

I caught a kidnapping charge in North Carolina in 1998 .I broke in someone house and they shown up with a child 14yrs of age.I took her car.so I caught a armed robbery charge and I held them against their will so that's how I got the kidnapping charge.I did 8yrs and when I got out I had to regester...

Moving as an offender [ 1 Answers ]

What do you have to do to move to another state if you have to register as a sex offender?

Moving to Mexico [ 11 Answers ]

Am I still required to file a tax return in the US if I earn less than $25000 and live in mexico full time.

View more questions Search