Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fukidol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Moving out at 17
    I live in a house with 5 other people. I am the oldest of four children and I'm 16 years old. I think my mother is bipolar and needs to be on medication. Everyday my mom will get mad or frustrated and then she will scream at me like I'm nothing. My step dad just sits back and watches. Unless he gets mad too, then he's in my face screaming at me too. I am home schooled. I have no friends and my parents don't ever let me do anything or go anywhere. I am basically a prisoner in my own home. I used to cut myself because of deep depression. I don't do that now but even talking to my parents or talking to anyone doesn't help. I need professional help but no one cares enough to get me the help I need. This has been years in the making. I don't like to be disrespectful so when my parents take their frustrations out on me I usually just take it and punch the wall in my room until I feel better but sometimes that's not enough. I know If I fight back or talk back things will get really bad so I just be quiet but sometimes I get so mad that the only thing I can do is cry, bite my tongue until it bleeds, and scratch my face.. I hate living here with these people and I am scare that living here for two more years would be bad for me.. I believe that I will either go insane or kill myself and I don't want either of these things. Can you move out of the house with out a parents permission at the age of 17? Please I need to know..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 07:41 PM
    Call and report all of this to social services and/or child protective services and get them to investigate They may do a home investigation and force changes to make your life better or take you out of the home.
    Fukidol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 08:50 PM
    I don't want to be taking away. My brother was taking from us already for something that was his fault and had nothing to do with my parents but I seen what it did to them and I'm not going to do that to them. They aren't causing my any physical harm just mental. I just new to know when I can move out without permission..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving on from and Ex [ 18 Answers ]

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this... I know there is the general consensus that the best way to move on from an ex is time and a process of making yourself happy before getting into any other relationships... whether new or old. My question is it also possible after a...

After moving out and moving to different state can she come back and want house back [ 3 Answers ]

What do you want? Have you filed for divorce? If neither of you have previously filed for legal separation or divorce, then yes, she can try to come back, file for divorce and take the house. Can she succeed? Depends on how good your proof and lawyers are compared to her "proof" and lawyers. ...

Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me. We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost? Also, we want to put a bathtub...

How to get over someone who's moving? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay my name is Tiffany. I met this guy named Jamie. He wanted to have sex with me and I told him yes. Before I would have sex with him I promised myself that I wouldn't have feelings for him. Now that it happen I do have feelings for him and he's moving tomorrow. He is moving with his...

Moving on but moving backwards. [ 3 Answers ]

Its been over a year since me an my man split. We were together for 7 1/2 years. I don't know where we went wrong. I remember one day waking up beside him and him showing me a ring asking me to spend the rest of my life with him an that's when everything changed. We were engaged for only 3 months...

View more questions Search