Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moumen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Please help in liquid pressure question
    http://s13.postimage.org/wssudntdj/2012_02_09_02_06_06_199.jpg

The figure shows a tube filled with water to its edge and is fixed on a cylinder

Calculate : (a) The ratio of the force exerted by the liquid on the bae and the weight of liquid on is

(b) The ratio is not equal to one , why ? And when the ratio can be equal to one ?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Your question seems to have been cut off. What ratio are you trying to calculate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the parameters that cause pressure during liquid flow? [ 1 Answers ]

In static liquid pressure is caused dy gravitation or weight forces?And can weight is also be a predominant factor that cause pressure during liquid flow?

Can liquid nitrogen be decanted from a high pressure storage cylinder [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know if one can use a high pressure cylinder to store liquid nitrogen indefinitely and to then decant some off as a liquid for use as and when required. This rather than losing it over a period in a Dewar type low pressure container?

Liquid blood pressure medications [ 3 Answers ]

My mother can't take pills. Are there any liquid forms of blood pressure medicines?

Liquid Pressure in a semicircular trough [ 3 Answers ]

I have a semicircular trough with a 24" diameter. It is 16 inches deep and 9 feet in length. I need to calculate the pressure on the wall of the trough. The trough will be full of strawberry purée. I have to find the force on one end of the trough. Please Advise

View more questions Search