Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MafiaCatWoman Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2011, 12:15 PM
    Thick mucus build-up while eating with the lap band?
    I had the lap band surgery almost 2 years ago. I have noticed that when I eat, I have a major thick mucus build-up in my throat. I am constantly having to spit it out and usually have to go throw-up right after I eat a little to get rid of the mucus build-up in my "stomach." I am on several different meds and have followed doctor's orders but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    triggers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 07:06 PM
    I have the same problem I throw up a lot just had one chiken wing and had to throw up I have that thick mucus all the time when I eat I know I have to throw up My nose starts to run is this normal I have had the band since 2003 I lost about 60 pounds and then stared to gain some back I only had one fill I moved out of state and found a Dr to take care of the lap band he gave me a fill and the trowing up started up I have to go back and see him the Mucus is very bad when I throw up the food and the Mucus comes out and I feel better.
    chockcarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 04:47 PM
    I have the same problem as you describe. I have had the bank for 6 years and I am always bothered with the mucus until I go and throw up. I really think that I need a fill though, because after I throw up the mucus I can eat and LOT. Have you found anything to help with the mucus issue?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lap Band and Bulimia [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to have had the Lap Band surgery and have bulimia. The gastric banding surgery complicates things and I have no idea if you could actually have bulimia if the band itself could cause vomiting...

Vomitting thick mucus [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old lab puppy! He throw up this morning and it was thick mucus no blood or anything and then in the after noon he had his lunch and then 2 hrs later he throw up again? I just wanted to know what to do or if anyone knows what could be the matter with him?

Lap band surgery [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one had the lap band surgery? I am interested in getting it, I do have high blood pressure and sleep apnea and found out that my medicare and medicaid will pay for it but only if I have theses health problems and well as my mbi being 38, please help if you have had a lap band and if it...

Thick, white mucus [ 3 Answers ]

Okay the problem I am having I can not find any information on it so I am hoping someone can help. I constantly have a thick, white mucus present when I am not on my period. It has no smell. My gyno noticed it at my last pap back in December but I didn't think to ask her about it. She just said...

Lap band [ 3 Answers ]

I am an air force veteran on medicare and va and cannot get a much needed lap band because no one in the south west Missouri area will take either one... my credit isn't so great and neither is my health! Can afford payments.

View more questions Search