Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    folieadeux420 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 04:31 AM
    College?!
    Obviously I want to go to college, but I can decide if I want to be a high school english teacher, a kinder-garden teacher, or a director.
    I graduate in 2012 and even though it's kind of early to think about it, what career would benefit my life most?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2011, 04:36 AM

Its hard to figure out what to do with your life and which career you think you would like.

Have a look at the subjects you enjoy and talk to your careers teacher.

Perhaps next summer you could look at work experience in a career which you think you would like, the work experience will help you make a final decision on what colleges you will apply for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 06:49 AM

A career that you want and will be happy at, not the one where you make the most money, not the one where others think you should be.

It is not uncommon for many people to not know what they are going to do into the 2 or 3 year of college.

And some if not many don't end up doing what they went to college for anyway.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 30, 2011, 07:02 AM
    Love of knowledge is what counts, not planning for a certain career.
    The greatest innovations resulted from transfer of knowledge across fields of study.
    I do hope that by the time you become a teacher, if you do that, you will have dropped such words as want to and kind of.
    But hey, I'm old, and maybe by then text speak will be the norm. UGH
    folieadeux420 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 09:58 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I woulde be happy with all three of them is the problem.
    I just want to know that if I go for one of those as my career that I won't end up jobless
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2011, 04:32 PM

If you have the opportunity, shadow someone in each of those fields for a couple of days or so. If you can do this a few times over the course of a year, with different people, it can be helpful to see what would be required of you in each profession. Being able to see what each job entails first hand, can give you a better idea of which direction you may want to take.

As was said, many people change their mind about what they want to do a number of times before deciding on something.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 04:47 PM

I woulde be happy with all three of them is the problem.
    I just want to know that if I go for one of those as my career that I won't end up jobless
    A few things to consider before you choose a career. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to be mean, I just really think this needs to be pointed out.

Let's look at your original post;

Obviously I want to go to college, but I can decide if I want to be a high school english teacher, a kinder-garden teacher, or a director.
    I graduate in 2012 and even though it's kind of early to think about it, what career would benefit my life most?
    The word English should be capitalized, so should the word "I". There is no such word as "wanna", it's want to. There's also no such word as "kinda", it's kind of. As a teacher of English you will be expected to know this.

The word Kindergarten, is not spelled kinder-garden.

If you really want to become a teacher, you'll have to work on all of these things. Right now, if you were to apply for a teaching position tomorrow, based on your post, I'd say that you would be jobless.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 08:53 PM

folieadeux420 does not find this helpful : Just a downer. Im using a computer and I'm not in the mood too capitalize every letter. No offence.
    Time to read the rules. Not Helpful ratings are for factually incorrect posts only. My post was not factually incorrect, in fact, it was very accurate.

Read the rules before continuing to post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a college age student of a diabled parent receive help for college? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a fully disabled parent and wonder if my healthy 19 year old is eligible for financial assitance for college?

How do I get my college transcript from gadsden business college when its closed down [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to get transcript from GBC, but have been told the school has closed and when I call the phone just rings. I really needs this document asap! Any info would be very helpful!!

Three college kids traveling on a road trip before college and cross into russia [ 1 Answers ]

Three colege kids traveling on a road trip before they return to school cross the russian boarder and end up running from russian boarder patrol. They are wrongly accused of rape and murder of a young girl and are placed in a russian jail

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search