Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyKnockout Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
    Come, to me Lord!
    I've always had the best Faith. Nothing could shake me, at all. I love the Lord with all of my heart, and Satan keeps telling me I'm lying and that "If you love him so much, why do you doubt him? Why is your faith falling, why are you so miserable?" etc. I'm 15 years old and have gone to a Christian school since I was 12, this summer we moved to Arkansas and I'm in a public High school where I've got people in my ear 24/7 dissing God, trying to prove me wrong, and of course I tell them about God. But when I get home, those thoughts creep into my head and it feels like slowly I'm losing my faith. I've been SO HORRIBLY, MISERABLY depressed. I just need God to come to me, and wrap his arms around me. I want to just die and be with him now, before I lose my faith. <- My biggest fear. What do I do?! Please help me...
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2011, 05:28 PM

When doubt creeps in like that, it is satans way of trying to get you to renounce God.
    I like the old saying, when in doubt, doubt the doubt. Remember, God is not the author of doubt, that is a trick of the false one. Who will do anything to try and drag you away.
    I have also discovered that Satan does not bother those he already has. He only goes after the ones that are a thorn in his side. So keep up the witnessing and keep praying that God will give you the right words.
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Jan 26, 2011, 02:46 PM
    I don't know if what I have to say can be of any help to you. But I'll try. First I'd like to point out that we share 3 elements of "life experience" in common. For example:

[1] I attended a Christian school from the age of 7 to 13 years.
    [2] My family also made a big move from another country when I was 7 years old.
    [3] I found my teenage years in the United States to be a particularly lonely and stressfull time in my life.

So what ? How does that help ? I don't know. But I also have a faith in God and in the Bible. That could be another thing in common. That's why I care, I guess. Maybe knowing that other people have gone through similar tough times in their youth can be a source of comfort to you. And I have lived to the age of 62 years to be able to tell others about it.
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Feb 2, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Well Amy,if your not getting shot at,than you might not be in the war. Welcome to the war! Read Ephesians chapter six. This will arm you. Pray for those who mock you and your stand for Christ. This is a proven antiviral against resentment! You will need to use allot of it. I can empathize with what you are going through,because I went through it at 13. I lost myself in a state of angry rebellion against God.this lasted almost 12 years! What I didn't realize was that my emotions are not to be trust,only God's word it faithful. Jeremiah 17:9 seriously, make a daily inventory of your Spiritual armor. Then when you have all that at a routine,begin learning ways to share the Gospel simply and plainly,without becoming upset.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2011, 08:49 PM

Yes, this is what being a real christian in the real world is all about.

You will be hated for your beliefs, you will be dispised. No one said being a Christian was going to be easy.

When you live in the world, the majority of the people will either not want to hear about God, hate God or have other beleifs than you do.

First you don't try and push your God on them, You live your life and do so being an example to them.

Next yes if you did not hear those voices, you would know you are not doing God's work, there is no need to fight against those not doing Gods work, so the more you work and fight for God, the more things will often go against you. And the more you will have doubt.
    Remember Peter denied Christ, Thomas ( and all the other followers ) doubted Christ ( and they lived with him though his ministry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who are the evil ones who say Lord, Lord? [ 614 Answers ]

Matthew 7:The true disciple 21. `It is not anyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' who will enter the kingdom of Heaven, but the person who does the will of my Father in heaven. 22. When the day comes many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your...

Mother of my Lord [ 139 Answers ]

When St. Elizabeth greets Mary the Mother of Jesus, she says: Luke 1 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? I believe she is recognizing that Jesus is God and therefore means Mother of my God. What do you think she means?

View more questions Search