Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost.cause Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2010, 04:46 PM
    A chance of getting accepted into university?
    I failed two of four as level subjects, the admissions officer at the university wants to meet me and see my final results to be able to make a decision on my application. Is it possible that she accepts me if I explain to her that I am willing to work hard, take extra classes and do everything it takes to join the university ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 04:52 PM

If you have a plan to work harder and be more organized (and give details as to how you would do these things), please say that to the admissions officer. First think it all through.

Taking extra classes may doom you to failure, so maybe taking a class or two during summer school would be a good way to compromise? Some colleges even have mini-courses that students can take on weekends or during breaks.

Post with more of your ideas, please. This is fun to figure out!

Nov 18, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Hm I understand.
    I was going to mention the extra classes, more hours I was going to spend at my work, and not missing any lessons. And devoting myself to my work.Do you have any more ideas?
    Do you honestly think I have a chance at this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 06:02 PM

How badly did you fail? What if you throw your heart into the admissions person's lap and ask how you could redeem yourself? You really will need to have a definite plan, though -- find a mentor who will teach you organizing and study tips and tricks and make you accountable for your efforts. Perhaps agreeing to finding and using the services of a counselor (who could be your mentor) would piqué the interest of the admissions officer. So, what about a counselor to mentor you?

Nov 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Pretty bad, I failed two subjects... I got a U in two and C's in the other two. Hm well at my school we never had a counselor, where would I get a counselor ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 06:56 PM

Please answer in the Answer box, not in the Comment box. (You get lots more room in the Answer box.)

Certainly your school has a guidance counselor department? Start there?

Nov 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Believe it or not we don't have a guidance counselor. Hm I think I will do some more research about this as you suggested.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 07:19 PM

Google counselor names for your town? Let me know how it's going.

Is there a teacher you can talk with about this? Or your parents?

Nov 19, 2010, 10:18 AM
    Yes I'll do that.um no my parents aren't much help
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Nov 30, 2010, 02:56 AM
    I would put together a well though out and organized plan mini folder to take the extra classes and show them your ability to organize and compensate. Prove to them that you are willing to go to tutors i.e. get names numbers locations of tutors. Essentially show them you desire to learn and attend their university will help compensate for some of you pitfalls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is atlantic International University recogned university [ 9 Answers ]

I' m Tanzanian living in Tanzania I want joining Atlantic International University for B.A education, can their degree acceptable any where?

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. By US DEPT of ED. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame?...

View more questions Search