Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nantocoke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 02:44 PM
    Repair for air blowing out faucet for a single drop jet pump system
    Could the problem be a check valve on supply line?
    murray_clarke2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 03:45 PM
    I would first change the check valve then if that does not work the foot valve.
    It also could be an air leak coming into your water lines or hot water tank

How is the water level in your well?
    Hope this helps
    murray_clarke2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Comment on murray_clarke2's post
    Hot water tank is probably the problem if the air is coming out of the hot water tap only
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2010, 05:07 PM

With all due respect, I would not suspect the check valve or the footvalve. They would tend to cause problems with the pump losing prime. Not sure how they would be able to introduce air into the system. Even less certain about the hot water heater. But I do think Murray is correct in suspecting a lower water table. A leak in your suction pipe could be it, but that would also tend to cause the pump to lose prime.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 8, 2010, 05:43 PM

Do you have an automatic air control valve on your tank?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stanadyne single handle tub&shower faucet repair [ 4 Answers ]

How do you dissassemble and where do you get repair parts. It leaks from behind the knob into the tub and behind, dripping onto lower level concrete (tri-level house).

How to repair single handle bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My single handle bathroom faucet is leaking. I need to view a video to understand the removal of the parts to enable me to work efficiently and effectively to replace the washer or the cause of the leak. I am not familiar with this particular type of faucet. I purchased the faucet in 1995 or 1996....

My Bryany hot air heating system fan is working but not blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

My Bryant Hot Air Heating unit pilot is on but it is not blowing hot air - no visual of flame through the glass. System motor only works when the thermostat is set to Fan-on but not on Auto.

How to repair ac unit when its not blowing out cold air? [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioning unit is blowing air but its not cold air what do I do to fix this problem?

Trouble getting water, jet pump system [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have a jet pump system, had trouble getting water, thought it was my pump so I got a larger hp pump( 1hp) still no luck, sometimes I can't get enough water to brush my teeth, the water stops and the pump won't shut off, I have to turn off the breaker to the pump and leave it for a while ,...

View more questions Search