Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grethca Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 07:47 AM
    What's the best way to get him to buy me jewelry?
    So I'm pretty sure my boyfriend thinks I don't even like jewelry. His ex was very pushy about him buying her things and spending lots of money on her and I am completely opposite. However, I would like to have something special that is from him; it doesn't have to be expensive or anything... I just don't know how I would even bring up the subject.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 08:34 AM

How long have you been dating?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Well, why don't you try buying him something nice in jewellery. Maybe a watch. He may respond in kind or he may not.

You can't 'expect' anything in return of course, because deciding to give someone a gift, is personal and depends upon many things, such as income, occasion, etc. You give a gift because you want to, not because he expects you to.

Same thing with him. You can't expect him to give you a gift, just because you want one, nor can you say 'even if its inexpensive' as somehow an inexpensive gift should be an easy thing for him to do.

As to expectations, I wanted to be six feet tall, own a fleet of luxury cars, and a condo in the South of France, but that isn't going to happen either.

So, to answeryour question: "How do I get my boyfriend to buy me jewellery", is, nothing.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 08:52 AM

I really liked Jake2008's idea about your buying him something and seeing if he then buys you something back.

You really can't ask him to buy you a gift... that would be tacky and would make you appear to be exactly like his ex.

Personally, I would only want to get a gift from my guy only if he decided on his own to buy it for me. Why not just wait around until you have a birthday or Christmas comes and see what he comes up with - maybe he'll think about jewelry on his own.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 09:10 AM

what's the best way to get him to buy me jewelry?
    Get married first. And that may not work that well. That's up to the guy! Sorry that's our area of control, should we choose to control it. You have no say unless you have lassoed us a big screen TV for our sporting pleasure. Then we may entertain such a thought, or we may NOT!

Why does this question send chills down my spine?? Sorry for the sarcasm, but you set off my spider sense.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2010, 09:14 AM

Maybe he thinks its refreshing to be with a girl who wants him for him and not what he can buy her?

Or not.

What's the big deal if he does not buy you bling,it does not show how much he likes or loves you.

Hang on until a special occasion,if he asks is there something you would like,you could say then what it is you fancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best online store to buy home furniture? [ 6 Answers ]

Buying furniture can be a daunting and laborious task. However, with the advent of online shopping it does not have to be painful and we can I find some good deals compare to in store shopping. Well, I am planning to buy some new furniture for my home. Just wondering the best online store for home...

Amhd update time what's working and what's not :) come in and share [ 28 Answers ]

This is a just a thread for people who want to share what's working for them and what's not. I will start I've been using nadinola and it has been working for my face and neck but I'm almost out and I'm currently searching for something new:)

How you buy the jewelry? [ 4 Answers ]

When you are going to buy jewelry - 1. First thing you will check your pocket. 2. Decide that how much money you are spend on jewelry. 3. Jewelry are many typew like Gold, Silver, Glass etc... you must decide what you want to buy. 4. See the Quality of the jewelry and buy it.

View more questions Search