Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp1923 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 12:41 AM
    I cannot identify this rock or mineral
    This is a rock I found in the desert in Arizona it looks to have some quartz around it but the material I'm interested is silver and is paper thin and can be peeled off one layer at a time.

http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae360/kp1923/
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 02:04 AM

Mica is the mineral that you want, not exactly silver, though.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify this rock/crystal? [ 22 Answers ]

Very fragile, will break if dropped, or even bent slightly, discovered a 1 inch thick, over 50 inches long sheet of this buried, and STUCK to the dirt of a hill in California. Shiny if you cannot notice on and almost has stuff like crystal bars sticking up out of it. IMAGE:...

60s and 70s country rock and bluegrass - 3 songs to identify [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I've actually got 3 songs - two of which I know the song, but not who is singing this version and one I don't know anything about. These songs are from an old tape someone made my brother in law about 20 years ago and I'm trying to get them all onto a CD for his Christmas present. They...

Mineral characteristics [ 1 Answers ]

What are the four mineral characteristics. I know its formed in nature, they have to have a crystal structure, they have to be a solid. But what is the last one.:confused: :confused:

Mineral Makeup? [ 2 Answers ]

I just recently heard about this. What do you know about it and what brands are best? Thanks

Mineral(science) [ 1 Answers ]

The most obviously visible property of a mineral is :)? :-* ;) :D

View more questions Search