Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdero72658 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 04:56 PM
    My daughter recently had a miscarriage.
    My daughter recently had a miscarriage. Her immediate boss was informed and a doctors note was provided. Upon her return to work all her co workers including new hires she had never even met knew about his situation. Is this a HIIPA violation?
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 2, 2010, 05:01 PM

She should definitely consult someone in the human resources department at her work to see what couse of action she needs to take, there was a violation to her privacy in this instance.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 05:08 PM

I don't think you can prove HIPAA violation, just very bad judgment on her boss's part letting someone know who was a blabber mouth.

Tick
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdero72658 View Post
    ... Is this a HIIPA violation?
    No. HIPPA doesn't apply to employer/employee situations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Trailer I saw recently [ 5 Answers ]

I recently saw a trailer for an up coming movie when I went to go see Harry Potter. I don't remember what movie it was for, and it is driving me nuts. It was one of those trailers that doesn't actually show any footage from the film. It was some obscure graphics that ended with the title of the...

Recently took a break [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently told me she needed space and we have reconciled, my question is: while I feel great, I don't know if this was another hiccup, or an omen. Basically, I went to a bbq with friends while being sick, and I told her I was going to a bbq and she suggested I stay home and rest...

Recently Disabled [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to turn 43 and recently became disabled.I am now collecting workers comp and social security.I am no longer able to contribute to my 401k because I am no longer employed but would like to keep investing.Can I roll my 401k into an IRA or do I have to be employed to contribute to an IRA ?...

Recently disabled [ 4 Answers ]

I don't work anymore but still have a 401K @ my last job, Will a disable person still be taxed, if so what would be the best thing for me to do with my 401K. Thanks for your help. Bobbie

View more questions Search