Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    answer this Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 12:57 PM
    1 mill = $(1/1000) can be expressed as $(1/1000)/(1 mill).
    Hello:

1 mill = $(1/1000) can be expressed as $(1/1000)/(1 mill).

How does 1 mill = $(1/1000) becomes $(1/1000)/(1 mill)?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 09:00 PM

Divide both sides by the 1 mill.

Since the left canceled out, you end up with:

Are you using this for taxes? And like trying to work things backwards? I think there's probably an easier way to do it. For one thing, instead of using 1/1000 which makes it look all icky, you can move the decimal three places to the left. Like 26 mills would be .026. A mill is one tenth of a cent, or .001. That also isn't the only way to do it and isn't the way I do it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 09:09 PM

One mill can also mean 0.001". Typical machinists talk. Thousanths is too hard to say.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2010, 09:48 PM

Machinists and "financists" are not supposed to have things in common. That's like sacrilege or something. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How would Mill justify this if he would? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok. How would Mill react to this (looking in utilitarianism): Somebody trying to harm someone else, but the person that might be harm kills the other person in defense. What would John Mill say to this?

Working the tread mill [ 10 Answers ]

... can walking and running the tread mill for 30 min a day alone help you lose weight?. and get tid of an annoying belly?. my eating habits are somewhat haphazrd but don't drink.I am 35 years of age! .. What other programs would one embrace to keep fit?. I am 5'8 and tipping the scales at 181...

Coffee mill static buildup [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get rid of, or reduce, static electricity in my coffee mill. The plastic container builds up so much static that the ground coffee flies all over the place when I open it. I've tried Brillianize and it helps for a week or so.

Food Mill [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new Food Mill from Crate & Barrel because I have so many tomatoes in my garden this summer and I need some help processing them. :cool: Just curious as to whether to cool/peel the tomatoes before running them through the mill or should I just toss them in raw with the skins...

Purchasing the right tread mill [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to purchase a treadmill. It would be for exercise and fun; I'm in shape and don't need to lose weight. What should I look for while shopping around? What's the difference between the motorized treadmills and the manual treadmills I've seen? Thanks.

View more questions Search