Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmwkrw2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 11:52 AM
    What is the Alabama law on signing over rights as a father
    My husband has twins that are 14 months old. The woman keeps taking him back to court requesting more child support. We already pay over half of his salary to her. She is now trying to say that the twins are "special need" and that the only time my husband can see them is by himself at her house. He wants to be part of their lives, but is sick of having to fight to see them? Can you tell me the state law on signing over his rights in the state of Alabama?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 11:54 AM

Sure!

If the mother remarries, and has a husband ready to adopt the children, he can sign over his rights.

Other than that--nope.

Get a GOOD lawyer, and go for half custody, instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father signing over rights in PA. [ 2 Answers ]

Can my unborn child's father sign over his rights without me agreeing to it. This guy only wants to sign over his rights because of problems with me and him and his girlfriend now who is pregnant also. Will that efect him signing over his rights to my unborn child?

Signing over rights for the father [ 8 Answers ]

How exactly do I go about getting this done?

Father signing over rights [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant before my husband and I got married. The child is his, but we are going to be legally separated. Can he sign over his parental rights to me before my child is born? We live in the state of Missouri and we are unable to get divorced before the child is born, but he doesn't want...

Father Signing off Rights [ 1 Answers ]

I was going to have the father of my two children sign off his parental rights. They don't know who he is, they believe that someone else is their dad. He keeps telling me that I need to be married in order for him to sign up. Is this true? He paid child support for one child for about a year...

View more questions Search