Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eligabiff Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Hitachi hdmi input quit working
    Hi!

We have had a fifty inch plasma hitachi P50H40 TV for just over three years. We have a computer hooked up to the TV and watch Netflix and Hulu. (No cable!). Suddenly it appears that the HDMI inputs quit working. We swapped out the computer to be sure it wasn't the computer and it wasn't. We can get the other inputs to work (not well since we are running it off a computer) but not the HDMI inputs. Any suggestions on getting the HDMI inputs to work properly again?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 02:44 PM

Have you connected something else through HDMI to the TV just to be sure it's not something with the PC's HDMI?

If something else works then double check your settings on the computer (if it's a laptop check your function keys for toggling the second display).

I'm assuming this is a problem with all the HDMI connections. Just so we're clear, is this so?

Dec 26, 2009, 03:47 PM

We hooked up two different computers to the TV and same problem. When we hook up the computers to a monitor with HDMI input, they work just fine. (The computers that is). So definitely a problem with the HDMI input on the TV.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2009, 06:18 PM

Or the TV handling a PC signal through HDMI. Have you tried hooking another device up through the HDMI? Something that is not a computer? And is this an issue on all the HDMI connections? Some TVs have an HDMI connection that is specifically designed for receiving PC signals. It's usually an HDMI connection paired with composite audio inputs (red and white RCA connections).

If you're absolutely confident that it's a problem with the HDMI input on the TV, then you likely have an internal issue with the TV which I would not recommend attempting repair yourself. You could look around to see what it costs to have the TV fixed, but most places charge around $150 for diagnostics alone.

Dec 26, 2009, 06:34 PM

Well, I don't have any other devices to hook up to the TV. I do know that we have had this PC hooked up to the TV through the HDMI input for over a year and it worked just fine. We have tried to use all three HDMI inputs and none of them work.

I suppose the only other thing I didn't try was a system restore on the PC to see if windows downloaded some type of update that screwed up the setting.

I have searched other forums and have been able to find other people with the same problem but no solution. I do have a call into a repair place to see about the cost.

Thanks for your replies!

Dec 27, 2009, 08:20 AM

Well we were able to fix the problem by unplugging the TV and plugging it back in. Such a simple solution!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

Keyboard quit working [ 10 Answers ]

After I downloaded a screen saver my keyboard quit working anybody know how I can fix it thank you?:)

Quit working all together [ 1 Answers ]

Central heat and air. Heat is gas. House got really warm and I switched from heater to a/c. I turned it off at the end of the night and the next morning it was really cold so I tried to turn the heater on and nothing at all happens. I tried to turn AC on and nothing happened. I looked for a...

Sony Bravia HDMI connection to DVD not working (Denon S-301) [ 0 Answers ]

I just got a Sony Bravia and hooked it up to a Denon S-301 using an HDMI cable, and got nothing. Is there some sort of "intelligent search" for components on either the Denon or Sony? If not, how do I get them to recognize each other? Thanks

View more questions Search