Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UnigirlBelle Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Cordless mouse just quit
    I have a cordless mouse, I've only had it a short time and it suddenly quit on me. Using a port mouse is really hard to get used to again. I changed the cordless batteries with new ones and it still does not respond. The light on the bottom does not light up. I tired two sets of batteries with no luck. Did my mouse die or is it just my batteries even though they are new are not strong enough to power it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2009, 02:07 PM

Sounds like you have a defective cordless mouse. Bundle it up and take it back to where you bought it as these cordless models have a tendency to go bad very easily. That's why I always use a corded mouse. No batteries to mess with and last much longer.

Eiither get your money back or get another one. There is no fixing these cordless models.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2009, 02:42 PM

If you have the receipt, take it back. I've had cordless rodents that have lasted several years.

Dec 24, 2009, 03:53 PM

Yes, I have the receipt and a replacement warranty. I will definitely take it back once the stores reopen the first of the week. Thank you.

Jan 2, 2010, 11:36 AM

I contacted the company before making the trip to the store where I got it, which is an hours drive for me so I don't make it very often unless I have a lot to do there. They got back to me and told me that the mouse I had was a discontinued mouse so where it was still under warranty they were sending me a new upgraded mouse. They sent a link as to what it looks like and its cool. Thankfully I have a corded mouse to keep me going until it gets here.

Jan 2, 2010, 12:01 PM

Way to go, thanks for letting us know. Was this a Linksys rodent by the way?

Jan 2, 2010, 01:38 PM

Logitech cordless optical.

Jan 2, 2010, 01:45 PM

I had a feeling. I'm very high on Logitech right now. I have a Logitech Illuminated keyboard. The tops of a couple of the keys started wearing away. So I called them since it was under warranty. And they agreed to replace it. They sent me shipping label and I sent it. The NEXT day I received the replacement. They didn't wait to get the old one before sending the replacement. That's great customer service In my opinion.

Jan 2, 2010, 03:04 PM

Yes, even though this is a discontinued product they didn't ask for it back so I assume that I am to recycle it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GE cordless phone [ 4 Answers ]

Handset no dial tone - displays "No Link to Base". How to rectify

Cordless phone [ 1 Answers ]

How do I turn the ring tone off/on on my cordless Panasonic phone?

3/8 in cordless craftsman drill [ 1 Answers ]

I need a chuck assembly this old drill the chuck does not un-screw it is on a geared shaft the gears come off but the chuck is attached to a long shaft with splines and lock rings

Should I take emergency leave of absence and then quit or just quit immediately? [ 4 Answers ]

I have to leave job for which I did not have time to notify my employer 2 weeks before I quit. My planes changed so fast. I have to quit immediately, but I I still have my shift schedule for tomorrow. I work at Starbucks as barista. Should I make call and tell them that my car broke and cannot come...

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

View more questions Search