Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiralina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Dollar value for gift for a Professor getting married?
    My research professor is getting married. I don't want to appear to be sucking up, but I think
    it's appropriate to get her a gift. What should the dollar value/range be? (I am currently an undergraduate). Thanks in advance for your time!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 11:13 PM

Are you going to the wedding? Or were you at least invited?
    spiralina Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 10:40 PM

No, I wasn't invited, nor anyone from the lab. I have a feeling that the wedding is out of town (several hours away).
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 10:51 PM

If you're not invited then a gift really isn't necessary. A nice card, a congratulations, that's more then adequate. :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 9, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    If you're not invited then a gift really isn't necessary. A nice card, a congratulations, that's more then adequate. :)
    I agree.

If you WANT to do more, pitch in and buy a bottle of wine to toast her. Otherwise, a nice "congratulations" will be plenty :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does an art professor make [ 12 Answers ]

I am going to an art school and I don't know what to major in that will give me a job. I am thinking about settling to be an art teacher. I would prefer to be a professor, but I have no clue how much they make. I will have to get a masters and I want to know that it will be worth all that time in...

Value of One Dollar Confederate Dollar Bill [ 2 Answers ]

We are wondering what the value is of a confederate dollar bill that we have from Richmond VA dated 1863. It has CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA on it and it also has a picture in the middle as currency today has. Does anybody know anything about this bill?

Latin professor ? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know, the translation to english of this: To laugh, to Love, enjoy life Or laughing , loving,enjoying life. I already went to the web sites... should be something like this: Rideo, Amare, Utor Vitam. But I need to now for sure ! Thanks!

Etiquette for figuring wedding gift of a dollar amount. [ 8 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time arriving at the proper amount to give as a wedding gift for A friend of my son's wedding. This is NOT a relative. It's a very large wedding and My son is standing up for the groom. They have received almost all of the stuff from their registry so I spoke with...

Professor of Education [ 4 Answers ]

My question is , I have been working as a Professor for the past 5 years, and now I was found to be and excon, I didn't think that after 18 years it would come out but it did, so since is so hard to be hired by a regular college , I was thinking maybe there is a government office that could used my...

View more questions Search