Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 08:35 PM

Poor Elliott. He will be horrified at what happened to his thread. (Sorry, ET!)
    scott_1976 Posts: 96, Reputation: 19

Jun 8, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I was, and I accept your apology (and I apologize that you were misled). If my typing gives you the wrong impression, it's better I don't post in the same threads as you.
    I did not mean for it to turn nasty! :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_1976 View Post
    I did not mean for it to turn nasty! :(
    Okay, then let's be friends and continue to enjoy this site.
    scott_1976 Posts: 96, Reputation: 19

Jun 8, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Okay, then let's be friends and continue to enjoy this site.
    Sounds good :o
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 8, 2009, 09:00 PM
    I can tell.
    I got to say... you're good!:cool:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    i gotta say....you're good!:cool:
    I larnt it all watchin' you, babe!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2009, 09:19 PM

Now, back to that Sotomayor girl. Isn't she something!!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 04:50 AM
    Obama is enamored with the personal narrative and group identity politics . That much is clear. She has a compelling personal narrative no doubt about it. So did Justice Thomas and that did not exempt him from challenges to his nomination both reasonable and unreasonable. In fact there are many people in the country who share her personal and family "Horatio Alger " story. We celebrate it .That is what Americans routinely had in common in the days when we believed in the "melting pot".

She needs to be evaluated on her experience ,her judicial philosophy,her temperament ,and job performance . Senators who interview her must not shy away from the tough scrutiny that a life-time appointment merits. And, they should not walk on egg shells and skip legitimate issues for fear of offending "groups " of electorate . Nor should they vote for or against her based on which "groups" the bean counters think she represents.

(I defer to our resident language expert in advance for any grammatical or spelling errors)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Obama is enamored with the personal narrative and group identity politics .
    You mean like McCain and Joe the Plumber?
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:37 AM

As usual your snipe from the cheap seats is irrelevant and wrong. McCain led the fight for immigration reform in the Senate in opposition to many in the Republican party.
    Joe the Plumber ? Did I miss something ? When was he appointed to any position of importance ?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:46 AM
    As usual your snipe from the cheap seats is irrelevent and wrong. McCain led the fight for immigration reform in the Senate in opposition to many in the Republican party.
    Joe the Plumber ? Did I miss something ? When was he appointed to any position of importance ?
    Irrelavent? Does it not show that a Republican is also "is enamored with the personal narrative and group identity politics"? Yes I think it does.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:49 AM

Huh ? Joe the plumber asked Obama about taxes and then got smeared by the Democrats . I don't know what group he supposedly represents besides the American worker concerned about the amt. of taxes being taken from his paycheck.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:06 AM
    huh ? Joe the plumber asked Obama about taxes and then got smeared by the Democrats . I don't know what group he supposedly represents besides the American worker concerned about the amt. of taxes being taken from his paycheck.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:13 AM
    You may have a dictionary, but I, like Ms. Sotomayor, have life experience. We disabled people tend to overcompensate and favor the afflicted side. She will definitely lean to the right as she walks, climbs stairs, and brandishes her cane or crutches.
    Hey, you started with the corrections. I doubt if she uses a cane, probably a walking boot in which case she will lean to the left.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 9, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Lol I believe this about says it all. And wish I had a penny for every time Sarah Palin referred to him. He was her mascot. He and Joe Six Pack:p
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:22 AM

Whatever you posted I will see it tonight when I am back at my home computer. I still suspect it has nothing to do with the op about Justice Sotomayor.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    lol I believe this about says it all. And wish I had a penny for every time Sarah Palin referred to him. He was her mascot. He and Joe Six Pack:p
    You must have missed this part, "and then got smeared by the Democrats." That's what the left always does when the little guy, the black, the Hispanic, the woman - whatever aggrieved group they supposedly represent - doesn't toe the liberal line. Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, Miguel Estrada and Janice Rogers Brown come to mind. And somehow they get away with it.

Two examples, the first is right here in that you folks are mocking Republicans coming to the defense of Joe the Plumber, an ordinary guy who simply had the audacity to ask The One a question. The second, Obama in Egypt speaking of women's rights in the Islamic world while telling us we need to respect their belief that their women must be confined to the hijab. Were you defending Joe the Plumber then or now? Are you going to protest Obama's two-faced approach to women's rights in the Muslim world?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You must have missed this part, "and then got smeared by the Democrats."
    You mean like your opposition to Sotomayor? Why do you think you are on a different plane of existence?
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You mean like your opposition to Sotomayor? Why do you think you are on a different plane of existence?
    NK, once again your point might be relevant if I were guilty of smearing Sotomayor. Opposition is not the same as smearing. Questioning her qualifications, her previous comments and her record as a judge is not the same as smearing. That is not only reasonable it should be expected. I'm not the one here who's "plane of existence" should be questioned.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    .. if I were guilty of smearing Sotomayor. Opposition is not the same as smearing.
    Who here smeared Joe the Plumber? You were talking about "the left" and I'm talking about "the right".
    The Liberal Curmudgeon: Right-Wing Commentators Start Smearing Sotomayor
    Smearing Sotomayor - Joan Walsh - Salon.com
    Conservatives react to historic Supreme Court nominee by smearing Sotomayor as "racist," "bigot" | Media Matters for America

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search