Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FutureCSI Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Aristotle moral qualities
    According to Aristotle, moral qualities can be destroyed by both excess and deficiency. What example does he use?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jun 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
    I think Aristotle uses the example of food. Being happy in life is like being well fed. Too much food or too little food can cause us grief. Therefore our job in life is to find the correct balance or the ' the mean', not only when it comes to food but in all areas of life.

The mean is not the average; Aristotle, unlike Plato does not believe that there is an absolute standard of morality to which we all must adhere. What is regarded as good and efficient for one person may be too much or too little for another. Therefore, Aristotle is a relativist in this respect.

For Aristotle reason alone will not provide us with the correct way to live, it can only be achieved through a process of trial and error.
    69pompano03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 02:29 PM

One example would be builders
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Sep 12, 2009, 02:49 PM

Sorry, I don't understand your example of 'builders'. Could you please expand?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the qualities an accountant must have? [ 3 Answers ]

Hai. Can anyone solve this question:what are the qualities an accountant must have?. Thank you for the answer.

The ideal qualities for a guy [ 17 Answers ]

Ok, I was thinking about this the other day, how women seem to want to run away from clingy men, yet sometimes (not saying all women) are attracted to jerks or some 'jerk' like qualities. And I thought to myself what would be the perfect qualities for a boyfriend/husband or just male in general, to...

Good qualities [ 11 Answers ]

Thought it would be a nice idea to bring to this forum. What you do, is you post a/some good qualities or things you like about the person who posted before you, then the next person to post posts about you, etc. Sound like a good idea?

Relationships - qualities/expectations [ 8 Answers ]

Relationships - Friendships - Colleagues - what qualities do you look for in having any kind of relationship with someone? And what do you expect in return from that relationship?

Aristotle and tragedy essay [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all of u ,am new here and I wish to find some help from u :) I have a research on aristotle and tragedy , so can you help me? Thanks

View more questions Search