Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ylimester Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Can Someone Write a Song for Me?
    Hi, I'm supposed to write a song for an art class of mine, but I have no skills whatsoever when it comes to poetry, song lyrics, etc.
    Can someone maybe write one for me?

It's a simple topic. The song just has to be about high school and experiences I've had, but I haven't really had many.

I thought maybe I should include - how being with my friends makes it bearable and fun.
    - waking up to go sucks
    - you don't need to over achieve and get A's because B's are just as good.
    - we get out at 3:14 because it's pi
    And I can't think of anything else specific offhand.

If anyone could help, that would be great. Really really great.

:D
    hobbzilla Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2009, 11:41 PM

Man, I remember when I was in school and tried to have people do my work for me. Usually, like me, no one liked doing home work, especially when it did not benefit them. Therefore, I ended up staying up late to turn in something I did myself. The effort that I put into trying to find someone else to do my work for me, could have been used to actually do the original assignment which I can only imagine would have helped with my tiredness and resultant grade!

How about writing a song about trying to find someone to write a song?

Good luck! :)

Apr 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
    I have thought that it may come to that, which is why I have spent a lot of time working on it already, but nothing works. All I get is a jumble of words that don't sound good together at all. I've actually had ideas like writing a song about writing a song from my family, but it would still require being able to write it, which was my problem in the first place.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 02:00 PM

Hi, Ylimester!

I can help you with learning how to write your song! How about just trying your hand with starting the lyrics and I can show you how you can make improvements to them? Nothing to be embarrassed about when doing it. It's all a learning process.

What would you like the title of your song to be? That would be a good way to start.

Here are some example lyrics for you.

When I get up to go to school
    I brace myself for the day.
    School can be fun
    Because I have friends
    Who help me get through the day okay.

Just short, little phrases will work. They also don't have to rhyme.

Please think of all the things that you do in school, like meeting friends at their lockers, having lunch with friends, gym class, a favorite teacher, looking out the window from a school room, walking or driving to school, preparing for the next day in school, doing homework, etc.

Thanks!

Apr 20, 2009, 02:53 PM

First of all, thank you so much for wanting to help! I really appreciate it.

I was thinking the title could be something like, "Just Another Day" or "I Do What I Can". The second one doesn't have much of a ring to it, but I did get to some other lyrics that lean towards it a little more.

Random things of my days...
    I usually get to school early and read, then get to most of my classes late because the teachers don't care.
    Um, Survey Lit and Physics classes are like hell for me since I can't find 'deeper meanings' in things, or remember so many random formulas and numbers.
    I really do like my geometry and gym classes. Geometry because I'm good at math and it comes easily to me. It's IMP though, so it makes things a little more difficult. Gym is great though for unwinding.
    Classes are 100 minutes (block schedule) except for gym and lunch, so I fidget a lot.
    I try hard on my homework when I really get into it, but it doesn't ever seem to be enough for World Studies papers. I've learned to just go for a B and if it ends up higher, that's great.

I had some lyrics, but they're not good...

I don't want to work hard
    So I'll just get by
    'Cause the stress of doing great
    Can make you want to die
    So I do what I can
    That's all I can say
    I don't care if it's a 'B'
    And so what if it's an 'A'?
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 06:55 PM

Those lyrics are actually really good. They're catchy

Apr 27, 2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks!
    But that's as far as I got... Writer's block I guess, and it's due next Monday. Yikes =\
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 11:06 PM

Hi, Ylimester!

I just changed your lyrics slightly so that they will fit a little better with a melody.

Yes, your lyrics are good and catchy! But, I'm wondering why you think negatively about school?

I don't want to work too hard
    So I'll just get by
    'Cause the stress of doing great
    Can make you want to die

Chorus:
    So I do what I can
    That's all I can say
    I don't care if it's a 'B'
    And so what if it's an 'A'?

What is this going to be used for in art class, please? Also, are you supposed to have music with it?

I already have a melody for it in my head.

Thanks!

Apr 29, 2009, 11:21 AM

Thanks! I was trying to work on a chorus but I guess I didn't even realize I had one right there. :)

It's not that I think completely negative about it. I just don't understand why some people let it take control of their life. My school is a really good one, so people are really serious and will get extremely upset if they get a B. I'm just not like that.

Yes, it is for art class, and I need to have music. I was just going to wing it for that, but if you have an idea, I'd like to hear it.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 01:47 AM

Yes, I already have ideas for the music, but am somewhat reluctant to be doing your homework for you!

If you can explain how my providing the actual music would be okay, then I'll be willing to do it. I can come up with melodies and accompaniments in an instant. But, I don't want what I write to be plagiarized.

I have no problem with people using what I write for entertainment, self-improvement, self-satisfaction or collaboration on what they might be trying to achieve professionally. But, when it comes to doing a project for school, then how would my providing music be a way for the person to learn how to do it as they might have been assigned to do?

If you're wanting to plagiarize someone in order to better your grade, then that's something with which I can't go along.

I asked you the following question in post #8 above, and that was
    What is this going to be used for in art class, please?
    I would appreciate a direct answer to that question.

Thanks!

Apr 30, 2009, 02:09 PM

Oh, I'm sorry, I read that incorrectly before when I answered.
    It's just an assignment that the teacher thought would be fun for us to do and he wanted to hear about what we think of school.
    He's not putting an actual grade on it. Everyone passes, but I just wanted mine to be good with some help. He would be the only one to hear it.
    jadeweston Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2011, 09:13 AM
    :)
    kimberly234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 11:16 AM
    Hmm actually I am another person covering and I will even want to write a song it is not for school assiment
    But because I want to be singer I came up with the chorus myself I hope you like its like this

[chorus]
    Let it let it rain
    To wash my tears away
    Cause I can't take it anymore anymore
    Cause my heart is burning burning

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to write a song [ 165 Answers ]

Heyy Can any one help me write a song I want to write one for my mom but I'm not very good please help me Sam Xx:confused:

Can someone write a song for me? [ 28 Answers ]

Can someone please write me a song about secrets? I love singing but whenever I take out some paper I can't think.. It's impossible for me to write a song because I don't have that much time on my hands. If someone could write me a song I would be sooo happy. I'm hoping someone will be nice enough...

How To Write a Song to the One I love [ 330 Answers ]

Hiya. Lol I took your title. I'm so uncreative. 8) So I've gotten this much like an hour before I went to sleep this morning haha. Though I feel like there should be a different choice of words for a better flow. :( From the fairytale that brought me to you, I've always thought From the time...

I Need Someone to Write Me a Song [ 22 Answers ]

Do you know sweet child o'mine by guns and roses? I need a song kind of like that... I mean the same genre and I really need it!! I am a guy so don't make it too girly or anything like that... :) Thanx;)

View more questions Search