Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christina Kent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Hippa violation?
    My employer is looking for a new health insurance company for all employees. The insurance companies are asking for medical information on each employee. Does the employer have the right to receive the information and then forward it to the insurance company? This seems like a violation a ritht to privacy.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 10:41 AM

The employee health information should go directly to the insurance company, not to your employer. Has anyone said won't happen that way ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 14, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Also, the insurance company is probably not interested in individual info. They probably will accept records without identification. Then only need to understand the risks they are taking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation? [ 5 Answers ]

I was recently discharged last month from a medical center and was brought in the ER for psych reasons. The person who registered me according to the other staff, Called his cousin my former supervisor who notified my manager. I was told by admitting Staff there that during the 24hrs there, the...

Is this a HIPPA violation? [ 5 Answers ]

I was recently hospitalized and disclosed the naturre of the visit to a co-worker in confidence. She then related the info to my boss. The day before I was to report back to work, I received a phone call from the head of HR who told me I had to report myself to the state medical board or else he...

Is this a hippa violation [ 6 Answers ]

My 18 yr old daughter who still lives at home was taken to a doctor by two other family members without our knowledge. My daughter did not have a copy of the insurance card but someone somehow got the info because a claim has been filed for the visit. After the family members that took my daughter...

View more questions Search