Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffanywilliams Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Workers Permit for a teenage mother
    I am a 17 year old mother, Do I need a workers permit to get a job? If so how do I get one?
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Dec 30, 2008, 04:02 PM

It depends on where you live.

I can only speak for the state of Virginia, if that's where you live, the answer is no.

If nobody else answers, you can call your local labor board and they should be able to advise you on any regulations.

However, 17 is pretty close to 18 (the magic age) so I'd say, that no matter where you live, you should be fine, as long as it doesn't interfere with school.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanywilliams View Post
    I am a 17 year old mother, Do I need a workers permit to get a job? If so how do I get one?

Having a child doesn't factor into this.

Are you asking about working papers? What State?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service workers [ 2 Answers ]

What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints?

How to pay workers and how much [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to start a power washing business, I know I'm going to need workers but how should I come about them, and how should they get paid, if I'm just starting? Please help I'm stumped. Im not sure to pay them buy the day or buy the job, or weekly. I need to know were to find people that will do...

Permit or No Permit Basement [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a basement, living room, bathroom, office. Nothing really complex, no loadbearing walls. I have a permit. My brother in-law is also building a basement with out a permit. I will have to pay more taxes when I am done, correct? What is the advangage of getting the permit.

Should workers comp have to pay? [ 1 Answers ]

Back on July 14 2006 my boss's dog attacked and bit me in the face. It took 40+ stichs to patch it up. Have been on disability for the time however the dog owner refused to pay bills stated it was work related. My Dr. says he does not want me to go back till I see a Psychologist and plastic...

Co-Workers? [ 16 Answers ]

All right easy question... Asking out people you work with, rules, thoughts? I go to different locals all the time as a Tech, but I have a few select girls I'd like to ask out, but what are the rules? How forward should one be about it? In a less formal situation I got it down but when...

View more questions Search