Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Butter1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Am I owed Vacation Pay ?
    Employed 17 yrs same company in PA.
    Laid off 9 months into 18th year
    Company policy reads
    IF EMPLOYEE LEAVES BEFORE THEIR ANNIVERSARY DATE, MANAGEMENT WILL NOT ISSUE ANY VACATION PAY
    Do they owe me accrued vacation pay because I did'nt leave I was forced out ?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Dec 31, 2008, 09:55 AM

I wouldn't exactly say that you were forced out, a lay off is for financial reasons .

If the policy reads that you must work the full time to receive vacation pay than you must work it.

Vacation is not required by law to be paid. If it is paid by the company the DOL will make the company go by their policy. This is considered a fringe benefit and the DOL will make the company follow the policy they have given to the employees.

Shirley
    NASCAR_Devil Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter1985 View Post
    employed 17 yrs same company in PA.
    laid off 9 months into 18th year
    company policy reads
    IF EMPLOYEE LEAVES BEFORE THEIR ANNIVERSARY DATE, MANAGEMENT WILL NOT ISSUE ANY VACATION PAY
    Do they owe me accrued vacation pay because I did'nt leave I was forced out ?
    Depends on your company policy as to whether your vacation is earned vs accrued. My company earns 1.6 days per calender month and we are allowed to take 40 hours of unearned vacation. If we leave before we have earned it, then it is deducted from our final paycheck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales Tax Owed [ 1 Answers ]

I had a small incorporated business that did not do well. I managed to sell it but the meager money received just barely paid off some creditors and left no money to pay the sales tax owed am I personally responsible for the sales tax owed? Thanks for the help

Am I owed a tax return? [ 1 Answers ]

When I file my taxes jointly with my husband I have to file injured spouse, for thoughs of you that don't know what that is its when your spouse owes like child support or other debt and by you being the one without the debt you have to file injured spouse so your money doesn't get touched. Any way...

I'm owed over $20,000 how do I get it? [ 1 Answers ]

My sons father owes me over $20,000 I live in Oregon and I know the man who is married and has a little girl is not only mooching of disability ( however he is not disabled) he is also making money under the table. He has taken his name off the bank accounts after they were garnished once and he...

Owed taxes [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the process of attempting to take care of all my tax issues and was told that I may possibly owe approximately $18,000.00 from 2003 due to capital gains what should I do there is no way I could pay that

$12,000 owed by Tuesday! [ 2 Answers ]

After 5 months of paying less than the minimum payment due a collector called my place of employment and demanded my entire payment of $12,000 in full within 2 business days. I offered to make larger monthly payments and was told that was not an option. Also, my name is the only name on this credit...

View more questions Search