Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red grasshopper12 Posts: 238, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Cds to Ipods
    I am new to Ipods. I wanted to put some of my cds on the iPod. Could you rip the song on another disk and put it on an iPod?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 12:44 PM

Do you have cds of the music you want to put on your iPod? If you have the cds and you have itunes, you should be able to put the cd in your computer, import it and then when it's done and your iPod is connected, drag the files to your iPod. Don't disconnect your iPod until it tells you it's OK though.

Dec 29, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Can you copy the real cd to a blank cd? Will that ruin the warranty?
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 01:19 PM

I don't understand why you would want to make a copy of your cd if you're wanting to put it on your iPod. If you have the original that would work

Dec 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
    I was reading if you use the real cd it would ruin the warranty. I am new to ipods!
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 01:28 PM

Oh, well I guess I've never read that. I just put my cds onto my computer when I get them and I put them on my iPod so I can listen to them at the gym or wherever. Which warranty are you referring to? The iPod? Or the original cd?

Dec 29, 2008, 02:47 PM
    It's Sony, Bmg and Emi. They use Copy Protection.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 02:49 PM

So don't make a copy of the cd and just put it on your computer.
    kenneth40 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Comment on ZoeMarie's post
    I try what you say

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ipods freeze? [ 3 Answers ]

My iPod froze and I don't know how to fix it... I looked it up on some website and it was if the directions were written in Japanese... I don't understand... So could someone please tell me how to restore it (if possible) in a way I can comprehend... Thank you...

Are mp3 players better than ipods? [ 17 Answers ]

Hey just wondering whether to buy an iPod? I already have a 2GB mp3 player but I don't really like it. Are ipods worth the money you pay for them? A lot of people have told me that they break really easily which has kind of put me off. I'm going away soon and need some entertainment! Also is it...

Importing my music to Ipods and Itunes [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I have to admit I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to MP3's, Ipods etc. so this question may not make sense. If so just tell me so and ill try and reword. Ok, I am looking at buying an Ipod Video 30GB (not that it makes any difference). Now my understanding of how they work is that if I...

Ipods [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering... exactly how do Ipods work? Like when you buy one how do you get the songs on and everything? :D

View more questions Search