Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jojo1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Wondering about Paranormal smells
    Hi,

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else- My father took his own life last February due to depression and terminal lung cancer and right after my father died I would smell my Grandparents house in my room in my apartment it was strong and usually only happened at night that has since stopped. Another issue is a few months after my father passed my apartment burned down with everything he had given me in it- anyway around this time my car radio would consistently break into static and smells of cigarettes would fill the air- I don't smoke and nobody has ever smoked in my car- anyway since then the static has been periodic but the cigarette smell happens roughly once a week- My dad was a pack a day smoker and it's not just cigarettes it's his smell of cigarettes on him- like I can recognize it - anyway I'm just looking for people's thoughts on this and if I should do anything like perhaps find a way to communicate with him or my grandparents - I don't think I'm crazy- I guess I should also say I have had some experience with paranormal in my life I grew up in a 200 year old farmhouse with paranormal activity so I guess it seems to follow me - but any suggestions or help would be great! Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 03:43 PM

Yes, this is your father trying to tell you he's still hanging around and has not gone on. The smells of the living are very apparent when they are in spirit form. Especially the people who have been dead for less than a year. I have an old friend who "visits" me and reeks of his unique German cologne. I love that smell by the way. It won't rub off onto my hands if an object is coated in the cologne though. Also, my late husband likes to take my son's white Tic Tacs - box and all. I am constantly buying him more and more boxes of the peppermint Tic Tacs ony to have dad take them. He will leave the empty boxes sometimes though. You may receive presents from your dad in the form of coins. My son and I receive coins all the time in the strangest places in our home. You can also receive other objects as well. My son has received several different nut drivers and screwdrivers. I received a cloth carrying bag that I never bought at a store. One minute I walk down the hallway and then come back and there is something on the floor for me or him. We've had things disappear as well and then reappear a week later.

You can try talking to him either outloud or to yourself at night before you go to sleep and ask dad to come to you in a dream. Chances are pretty good that he will do just that, maybe not that night but within a day or so. You may or may not be able to talk to him in your dream, but he will be able to talk to you. Sometimes it's a one way conversation.
    Addison08 Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Dec 13, 2008, 09:36 PM
    I've talked to spirits for almost all of my life. The one thing that I recall most was when my grandmother died and the smell of the flowers. The smell of the flowers at the funeral home followed me constantly after she passed and it just comes back occasionally. Sometimes the smell will just come out of no where. For instance, the way my grandfather used smell, it was a mix of cigarettes and cologne. Sometimes it will smell like that in my home even though no one here smokes or ever has smoked in my house. I think they try hard to communicate and sometimes that is the only way they can get your attention. It seems to me he is trying to tell you that he is still around, always around, trying to get you to listen to him.

As for what the previous poster said. We get gifts as well. Mostly in our drive way and in my room. But sometimes we just find random change all through out the house. We also get telephone calls with pure static. If we have an important item it will disappear and reappear in some random place. They are always there, they do hear you, you just need to let him know you do hear what he has to say.
    madison310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 06:57 AM
    I have the same experiences. It started after my father in law died of cancer. Around my partners birthday (every year now for 7 years). The house fills with an odor of coffee and cigarettes around 4 am. It smelled like her dad, who got up around 4 and put on a pot of coffee and smoked at the kitchen table. No one has ever smoked in my house and I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes. I know that is what I am smelling. As for the coffee, it has been strong enough to wake me up and go check the kitchen for a malfunctioning timer on my pot. Is it Dad? I don't know but it is somebody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sensing the paranormal? [ 2 Answers ]

Wow, I never thought I would ever believe in ghosts. After all, I've lived in this house for years now and I know the original owners. I've never had any problems with the paranormal before, but recently I feel like I'm being followed. It started late at night right before I would go to bed...

Paranormal [ 4 Answers ]

My brother in laws brought a women home too their mothers house whilst she was a away whilst one of the boys was with the women down stairs she started talking all gibberish like in another language anyway the brother went to sleep and after a few hours the other brother came in to find the women...

The paranormal [ 2 Answers ]

Is the paronormal real?:confused: how far can we take it? Is anything possible?

Paranormal phenomena [ 14 Answers ]

Hi guys, I need your opinion on a problem which me and my wife are facing in the recent days... Often when I or my wife lay on the bed to sleep something happens and we cannot move our body at all... we cannot move hand, feet, head etc... we feel that we are alive and we feel that we are...

Paranormal Job Quest [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all! Just wanted to know if anyone found success on getting a job dealing with the paranormal? I am very interested in that querry myself. I read tarot cards, but I have not memorized the meanings so every time I read cards I have to look the meaning up in the book, but I stay...

View more questions Search