Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcauwelswife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 01:02 PM
    ?'s on living with ghosts and the smell
    Hello, I was hoping to get some answers about what is going on in our house. Well first of all I know that all houses creak and make noise, but this is ridiculous. I have been sitting on the couch and it sounds like someone/thing hits the wall right next to me. We have a large/tall attic on one side of the house and it sounds like people are jumping around up there and it is a loud and a heavy sound, kind of like dropping a large book on the floor. Don't laugh but I was in the living room (vaulted ceiling with one wall that goes all the way up and connects with the other side of the house that has the attic. Along that wall are heat/ac vents that go into the attic) and I swear!! Came a sound through those vents that sounded like a loud and rather long fart. I just looked up at the vent and shook my head. Well things having been getting a little weirder. When we first moved it there was a sewer/dead like smell that would come and go in hallway, no explanation was ever found for the odor. I have seen misty type and shadowy types of figures, been in bed and felt something sit on the bed. I have even come home and the TV in the spare room has been on. Recently there has been a strong odor that smells like male cat urine, and is very strong. The odor comes and goes but always goes away. It really hasn't bothered me until last week. I was in the garage going through boxes when I thought I heard a baby's rattle on the other side of the door going into the house. I opened the door expecting at lease for my cat, but nothing was there. I sloughed it off because the dryer was going and the radio was on, but I know what I heard. But later when I was bring in the folded laundry, and right about to open the door I heard it again. And this time nothing was on and it was quiet. It really made my skin crawl. I open the door and again nothing was there. The next night I was doing the dishes and was startled by what I thought was my husband coming up behind me, but when I turned around nothing was there. Well I finally told my husband about everything, he admitted to having some experiences as well. While laying in bed late one night he heard a little boy talking and was unable to get back to sleep because he kept expecting to see something coming down the hall. He has also seen what he describes seeing a smoke/vapor around the living room. We joke about it, and don't mind living with it, but when it starts to scare me I don't like it. Last evening I was sitting in my chair smoking a cig when, the only way to describe it is like this. You know when you are in the water and a wave goes over you and then crashes down on the beach. Well something hit the garage door with a big boom, but I felt the noise go through me before and hit the garage. My dog even felt it. No! He didn't tell me so, but he was startled just before the noise occurred at the same time I felt something go over/though me. I don't mind living with other beings, but I want to know is there something we can do (burn candles, incenses, … something) when they start getting to rambunctious? Also what can we do about the smell? Please let me know...
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Oct 26, 2008, 02:49 PM
    1) The first thing you as a home owner or tenant can do is take ownership of the situation. After all it is your home! State out loud with firmness, but politeness that "This is my home now, you may stay, but the following behavior is not acceptable ......" Again be firm, but polite. And please do not feel any shame or silliness when doing this. By taking charge not only will you feel empowered, but things tend to quiet down very quickly if not completely stop. Our witnesses have reported an overwhelming success rate with this seemingly simple method. One reason may be that the ghost has no idea it's causing you any fright!
    Also most haunting that involves poltergeist type phenomena, objects that disappear/reappear, footsteps, bangs and rattles, etc are of short duration. They almost always last only a few months and then gradually stop completely never to occur again. So, hang in there!

2) If you wish to have someone come into your home and offer a blessing ask your priest or minister to do so. It is their clerical duty, and they will be happy to assist! If you do not have a priest or minister speak to one at a local non-denominational church and again they will be happy to help. All faiths have knowledge of the supernatural and no official will ever ridicule you or your situation.

3) You can do any of the following:

a) White Sage;
    b) Water bottle & frankincense to spray the corners of your home (energy is always built up in corners;
    c) Pure salt in water in a bowl for three days in the area you would like cleared…do not spill down the sink…bag it and throw it off the property;
    d) Burn Dragon's Blood;
    e) Salt rocks/amethyst/black tourmaline (left corner of the house).

4) It is NOT a good idea to try and use Ouija boards or other devices to "communicate" with your ghost/s. Simply ask them to leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are ghosts mean [ 3 Answers ]

I posted a blog about knocking in my friends walls.I guess most people believe it could be a ghost... I don't know anything about them at all... are they all happy and nice? Can they hurt you at all.

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

Why I believe in ghosts [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: this a country song about a man who thought his love was dead and gone but at night it comes alive that's why I believe in ghosts

Sewer smell in living room [ 7 Answers ]

New to the forum and I am impressed with the content. I have looked everywhere on Google and this and other forums, for an answer to my problem. I have a 5 year old bungalow on a septic system that has an absorbent well instead of a weeping field. We have been experiencing a sewer smell in our...

Problem With Toilet And Bad Smell In Living Room [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping for some general advice before I start shelling out. We got our bathroom upgraded recently - (new shower toilet and bath) and all was fine for a few weeks - so I don't know if subsequent problems were caused by this or it's just coincidence. We live in one of the ground...

View more questions Search