Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charmed80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Desperate For a Peaceful Solution, Making me ill!
    Hi, I am new here so a fast summary before I ask my question is only right. I am 43, single, no kids at home. I have ovarian cancer since 2004, with a total of 8 surgeries, six months of chemo, and just had my last one was the end of May. I have Bipolar, PTSD, OCD along with other problems I can't even put a name too. Anyhow I rent an upstairs apartment, have since last November. The Lady below me is maybe 55? and her son is 28. I stay completely to myself, not going anywhere but to the store once a month and the dr's office, just places I have to. My mother, and two brothers, and grandmother check on me daily. The first incident began before I had my phone even connected, I was waiting on the man to come and trying to hang things on the wall, as most of you know, women like to get their house in order looking nice so, hammer and drill I did, my cable wasn't hooked up either so I was listening to "pink" on the cd player with the volume on 2, because I didn't want to get of to a bad start... Within 15 minutes a younger man came to the door and I don't remember everything he said but it was about the noise, so I turned it down a bit, not even another 10 minutes a man came and began kicking the door and cussing, I was scared to open the door, didn't have a phone so I just let him bang away. I stopped what I was doing, everything and when my mother came by at 2 that afternoon I relayed the day and she left her cell phone. Up to now. I can't flush the toilet in the night, can't listen to YouTube, my cd player is still retired and I can't afford to move if I was able to even pack! The young man had a party himself last superbowl night and was standing under my window and through a rock and hit the window because "the karate kid" was too loud, I sleep on the couch. I did call the police that night and that is the only time, I have tried so hard, that called the police on me for my oxygen machine making too much vibrations on the floor... I later found out that two other families had moved within a years over them and the other tenents have also had problems. Last night I was listening to Youtube and , here came the calvery! The cop ask me if I had turned it down before he got here and I replied no and then I followed him downstairs in my PJ's to apologize, I was cussed, called a lazy B, and told that if I got off SSDI and went to work I wouldn't feel like sitting on this damn computer. They even beat on the floor when my 15 month old grandson who only comes once a month, was beating his toys on the floor, scared him and mad him cry... I am at a loss Is there a site where I can print out the Tn laws of renters/tenets that maybe I could send to them through mail that might help?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 10:37 AM

You have to make friends with them, not escalate all the ill will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break lease if not provided peaceful enjoyment [ 5 Answers ]

We moved here in July 2007 (Florida). I signed a year lease. Since then I have learned that I have two felons living behind and 2 doors down (I have proof of this from the community committee here who sent me the rap sheets one is drug possession and one grand theft). I actually witnessed my...

Peaceful Protest [ 4 Answers ]

What do I need to do to organize a peaceful political protest at my state capital?

Very twisted, yet peaceful [ 17 Answers ]

OK, I was in an abusive marriage for 5 years. My husband was basically the cycle of abuse to the hilt! During my twisted marriage, I reconnected with one of my friends from high school (a guy). My husband encouraged this relationship and would tell me to call my friend when he did not want to deal...

Peaceful Political Protest [ 2 Answers ]

What do I need to do to stage a peaceful political protest at my state capitol?

View more questions Search