Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimjones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
    1938 copyright camilla lucas ny usa " plaine a chartres" etching artist philippe
    I'm trying to find out info on an etching I have had for years approx 17 x 13 in size with the thatched roofed cottage along a country dirt road with a haystack on the opposite side of the etching, it says Philippe on the bottom right in pencil and on the left it says "Plaine, a Chartres" and copyright 1938 Camilla Lucas, Ny USA on the top right corner. Could you please give me some information about the artist and if it has any value. Thank you Kim
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 01:17 AM

Hi, Kim!

Please check out the information that you might find via clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/art/pa...ad-155531.html

Concerning information about the artist, and the possible monetary value of what you have, I will do some checking and get back to you.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A painting by Camilla Lucas, 1936, Ruelle a` Bruges, Philippe [ 2 Answers ]

I have a painting that has a marking in the right hand corner that reads," COPYRIGHT 1936 CAMILLA LUCAS NYC USA. On the bottom left hand corner it reads,"Ruelle a` Bruges. Across from it on the bottom right hand corner it reads, Philippe. The painting is in very good shape and looks to be in the...

Understanding prints with "copyrighted by Camilla Lucas"? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two "prints" by artist Andre Raffray and they each have "copyrighted by Camilla Lucas, 1936":confused: . Plus they have an upside-down triangle with the initials SLL. They are signed by the artist & there is a "description name" that I cannot make out - all in pencil. I'm totally new to...

Copyright 1933-Camilla Lucas/Artist Leeotelle ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a print top left corner says Copyright 1933 - Camilla Lucas, NYC-U.S.A it also has their triangle symbol in the bottom left corner the artist signature is so cursive it is hard to make it out looks like Paul E___le Leeotelle? The P is crazy and the L too. So I could be completely off. The...

View more questions Search