Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Evita flip flops
    A couple of days after saying she doesn't want her name nominated at the DNC Evita has left the option open during a Q&A session at a PUMA rally in California .

Mrs. Clinton fielded a question about whether her name would be “placed in nomination” at the convention.
    “Well, I'm asked this question every day. And it is a question that I think is a very obvious one to ask. I mean, what will happen at the convention in respect to you know, my putting my name in nomination, the roll-call vote, you know, the usual kind of process that occurs at conventions,” she responded, emphasizing the word “usual.”

She continued:
    We're trying to work that out with the Obama campaign and with the D.N.C. I happen to believe that we will come out stronger if people feel that their voices were heard and their views were respected. And I think that is a very big part of how we actually come out unified, because I know from just what I'm hearing that there's just this incredible pent-up desire. And I think that people want to feel like, O.K., it's a catharsis, we're here, we did it, and then everybody get behind Senator Obama. That is what most people believe is the best way to go. No decisions have been made.

Clinton Leaves Convention Nomination Open - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

Meanwhile hubby still has a sore spot on his butt about the way the race card was used against him during the primaries.
    “I am not a racist,” Clinton said Monday in a testy interview with ABC News in Monrovia, Liberia, in response to a question that wasn't quite related to that subject. "I've never made a racist comment, and I never attacked [Obama] personally."

When John McCain's campaign manager last week accused Obama of playing the “race card,” the Clintons or their supporters could have provided a powerful rebuttal. Instead they were silent, and in private, some even quietly cheered.
    Race-card flap reopens Clinton camp wounds - Ben Smith - Politico.com

I am finding it hard to believe that BO can unite the Democrat party .....and if he can't then how can he think he can unite the nation ? The advice he will probably ignore is to give Evita her due and her day in the spotlight at the convention . Perhaps (if we are lucky ) it will be her Norma Desmond moment.

edit more on the Clintonoids here

Have the Clintons Gotten Over It? - TIME

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Hillary's Growing Shadow

ABC News: Unity? Hillary Could Be on Denver Ballot

George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
    BO has an exposed flank? I wonder if Speaker Pelosi will have prime-time to address the nation and explain how she and BO will save the planet? Heck, even have Rev. Algore come out and extend his blessings on the plan.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 7, 2008, 05:37 PM
    The reason Obama unites the country is because of George W. Bush. The public knows that there is no tangible separation between John McCain and Dubya. Reagan and Carter were neck and neck up until the last week of the election, when Reagan asked the public one simple question: "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" Landslide Reagan victory and the rest is history. In my opinion in an ideal scenario, anyone with future political aspirations named "Clinton" or "Bush" will never be heard of again. Maybe NY will finally tire of her act. Good luck, she's all yours.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Illinois doesn't deserve Obama; how 'bout we ship him to NY, then we'd have a pair!
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 7, 2008, 08:51 PM
    LOL! How about you move in with McCain and you guys could sing the National Anthem while playing Monopoly's "Keating Five" home edition? Just ribbing you, George. In all honesty I'd like to ship the whole lot to a remote island along with Congress.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 02:20 AM
    Don't you guys think NY already has it's share between Evita ;Chuck the schm*ck Schumer and Anthony Weiner ? They make Charles Rangel sound reasonable.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2008, 05:28 AM
    BO has an exposed flank? I wonder if Speaker Pelosi will have prime-time to address the nation and explain how she and BO will save the planet? Heck, even have Rev. Algore come out and extend his blessings on the plan.
    More likely they will in unison with " the one " conduct the democrat equivalent of Operation Hummingbird on the Clintonoids.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Update :

Obama fell for the trap. He will allow Evita's supporters to do a roll call. Not only that ;the fool will allow the Clintonistas dominate 2 days of the convention with Evita and the first Philanderer getting prime time speeches on Tues and Wed of the convention week.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    update :

Obama fell for the trap. He will allow Evita's supporters to do a roll call. Not only that ;the fool will allow the Clintonistas dominate 2 days of the convention with Evita and the first Philanderer getting prime time speeches on Tues and Wed of the convention week.
    By golly we'll have a love-in.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:31 AM
    More like a knife juggler's convention.
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 11:45 AM
    I think not; more of a show, a performance, that's what the media folks want; not a revolution.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Don't you think that this will divide the party even more? I know they say they are doing it to bring the party together but I don't see that happening.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 02:07 AM
    I'm counting on it. BO is doing this because he has no choice . But he is counting on Evita keeping her end of the bargain ;which most likely will be to give a gracious refusal . I can almost guarantee that Bill Clintoon and Lanny Davis and the rest of the Clintonoids are working the phones frantically now trying to flip Super Delegates.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I know you are counting on that! :) I think the same thing I have a strange feeling they are going to try and cut him off at the knees. This is a stupid move.
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    ...I have a strange feeling they are going to try and cut him off at the knees....
    As I've said, no one better than the Clintons understands the value of propaganda, and this venue provides a boat-load. The Hillary nomination and roll-call will give all her fans one final political rush, and she will throw her support to Obama, hoping (of course) that he will lose, and she will be ready to re-invent the country in 2012.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evita sends a letter to the super-delegates [ 8 Answers ]

Here it is : Dear ___________, The stakes in this election are so high: with two wars abroad, our economy in crisis here at home, and so many families struggling across America, the need for new leadership has never been greater. At this point, we do not yet have a nominee – and when the...

Evita gets tough ;How she would handle an attack on Israel by the Mahdi-Hatter . [ 43 Answers ]

Evita has made a few comments recently that suggests she would be tough on Iran if they engaged in aggression against Israel or other friends of ours in the greater M.E. On the ABC News show, "Good Morning America." ABC's Chris Cuomo asked her what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear...

Does Bill Clinton want Evita to lose ? [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes it appears so Bill Clinton's tirade stunned some delegates

Evita supporters threaten Pelosi. [ 34 Answers ]

Clinton backers warn Pelosi on superdelegate rift | Politics | Reuters The group represents some of the top fundraisers and donors of the Democrat party and have contributed heavily to Democratic causes. Here is the full text : But I can shorten the letter for their benefit :

Puck Flip [ 2 Answers ]

Ever see the pros flip the puck up and catch it for the ref? How do they do that? I can never get under it enough, I'd probably end up beaming the ref with the puck or something.

View more questions Search