Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuzindave96 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Why she won't take her things?
    My girlfriend and I of three yrs have recently broke up In the past Month. She left almost all her things with me when she moved out. Laptop,Ipod all her clothes... etc. Why does she not want It? She says she does but when she calls she talks about our relationship. I have asked her many times to come get It. And when she does she takes 2 things at a time. Keep In mind she Is the one that ended this relationship. Its like she keeps It here for a reason... maybe Its me?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Give her a month to get it, if she doesn't dispose of it.
    jiltedgirl Posts: 125, Reputation: 23

Jul 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Maybe she doesn't want to see you in person, which is totally understandable and expected. She might not want to relive the negativity that comes with breakups. If you don't want to throw away her things, you can always drop them off at her doorstep without having to encounter her. Or, if you're feeling especially generous, mail them to her.
    Vision Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 10:51 PM
    She can always have a friend pick them up for her.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Put it in a storage under her name, call her tell her she has 30 days before they start charging her to take it out of storage
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 18, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Ipod and laptop-hmmm.
    Kevin_s Posts: 213, Reputation: 51

Jul 18, 2008, 06:32 AM
    Give her a call, tell her that you understand if she feels uncomfortable about you being there when she wants to come get her things and offer to drop them off at her current residence while she is away, or offer to leave it with a friend so that she doesn't have to continually take trips over there to get it.

I always feel that if a relationship is going to end in my life, I want to leave it being humble, and respectful. Even if you broke up on terrible terms (cheating, etc.) if you show that you are humble and supportive of the decision, things can go smoothly, and if you still want to be with her, at least she knows that at the end of the day, when she sh*t hits the fan, that she has nothing badly she can say about you or the way you have acted.

In re-cap, I say pack her things up securely in a good bag or something, offer to drop it off to her or at a friends (whichever is most convenient/comfortable for her.)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:54 AM
    The girl is doing this to try to hold on to you because she don't want you out of her life. If she calls you and not talk about getting her stuff but wants to talk about your relationship, then that's extactly what it's. Getting one or two things at a time shows she is only trying to prolong it.

Send her a notorized letter, make a copy for yourself, and send it to where she live or send her an email and keep it, in case its needed, and give her a 30 days notice. This way you'll protect yourself in case she decides to call the cops or take you to court.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Jul 18, 2008, 07:55 AM
    She doesn't want to move out.
    Vision Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    Put it in a storage under her name, call her tell her she has 30 days before they start charging her to take it out of storage
    I don't know how it works there, but here you have to show ID to get a storage unit, and you can't put it in other people's names.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Nah, around here it's done really easy. Because a lot of people are using the free month, take there stuff out then go back and just write a different name on the paper you fill out
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 11:12 AM
    For whatever reason she is stalling, and holding out hope, that things will change, and you'll take her back.

If you don't want that, then box up her stuff and drop it off, and no more conversations about a relationship. Make your feeling very plain and simple.
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Jul 19, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzindave96
    Its like she keeps It here for a reason....
    The reason is probably that she is using it as an excuse to keep talking to you. Maybe she feels that breaking up with you was a mistake and wants to have a valid reason for calling or coming by.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 19, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Same crap here...

My ex refuses to send my stuff back to me...
    Starz N h3artz Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Jul 19, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Yea she pretty much doesn't want to let you go.. I mean its obvious... she still wants to be with you. She probably just broke up with you to prove a point or something. Or maybe she was unhappy if you guys were having problems and wanted to show you hoping you would try to fix it. But now your just telling her to come get her things so obviously it didn't work lol. So now she's trying to drag this out so that she has time to try and get back with you.

Jul 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starz N h3artz
    Yea she pretty much doesn't want to let you go..I mean its obvious...she still wants to be with you. She probably just broke up with you to prove a point or something. Or maybe she was unhappy if you guys were having problems and wanted to show you hoping you would try to fix it. But now your just telling her to come get her things so obviously it didn't work lol. So now she's trying to drag this out so that she has time to try and get back with you.

What about my relationship?
    I was in a LDR for a year and four months... my girlfriend (now ex) said she'll send my stuff back but she won't mail it to me...

Damn it
    Vision Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 12:56 PM
    If you want to ask a question of your own, you need to make a post of your own. Thread-jacking is rude. We would love to answer your question, just don't use someone else's thread to do it.

Jul 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    If you want to ask a question of your own, you need to make a post of your own. Thread-jacking is rude. We would love to answer your question, just don't use someone else's thread to do it.
    I'm not thread jacking.. I'm in the same boat as the OP
    Vision Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Asking a question in someone's else's question is thread jacking. Post your own question. You are actually in the opposite boat. He wants his exes stuff out, you can't get your stuff from your ex...

Jul 19, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Asking a question in someone's elses question is thread jacking. Post your own question. You are actually in the opposite boat. He wants his exes stuff out, you can't get your stuff from your ex....
    I want my ex stuff out too...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn won't start, power locks won't work, radio resets itself. [ 4 Answers ]

My 99 Saturn has had some starting problems in the past. It would sometimes not start but if you let it sit from anywhere from 45 minutes to 24 hours, it would eventually start. Or, after having Dad look at it, we could tap the starter and it would work. So we thought it was the starter. I...

Dogs won't stop marking things in the house [ 7 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me what is the best way to break my chihuahuha's (2 males)from marking their territory in the house?

Carrier Heater won't shut off! Blows only cool air. Heat won't work! [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do? My carrier heater is only 2 years old. As of yesterday the heater unit wouldn't shut off and when I turn the heat up it just keeps blowing cool air. I heard I can trip a breaker switch. Is that the electrical switch in the garage or on the heater itself? Please let...

I want to congratulate Geoff. People, follow his story, things won't allways be bad! [ 2 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search.php?searchid=1958009 Well done to Geoff who has moved on with his life. I suggest those who are going through the pain of a breakup read the above topics in the link. It is proof to us all that we can move on with our lives. Things won't allways be bad! ...

View more questions Search