Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xmradio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
    If your bank account gets frozen does the bank have to tell the creditor how much was in that account
    Fastfun1 Posts: 80, Reputation: 11

Jan 26, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xmradio
    if your bank account gets frozen does the bank have to tell the creditor how much was in that account
    The bank "should not" tell anyone other than the account holder any details regarding its customers accounts. If a creditor wants information about an account, the must obtain it directly from the customer or provide a Certification and Authorization form signed by the customer; typically accompanied by a Verification of Deposit form. Early I mentioned "should not" tell anyone. I emphasize should not, although we do have comply with the Privacy Act, lower level banking employees maybe haphazardly provide information for a variety of reasons, i.e. ignorance of policy and procedures. :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Hello xm:

The Attorney General doesn't collect money for creditors. If it's collecting money, it's collecting it for the state.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2008, 08:14 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

This is a prime example of why. I've moved xm's post to its own thread. The OP that it was posted to asked a question about what happens to debits if the Attorney General froze the account. So the answers got confused.

To answer XM's question, its kind of a yes and no answer. If the account held more than the amount of the attachment, then no, the bank would not tell the creditor the exact amount, but if the account was less than amount of the attachment, the bank will have to let the creditor know that there was only that was only that much available in the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen account [ 3 Answers ]

The office of the attorney general froze our accounts. What happens to all of the checks that have not cleared the bank?

Frozen turkey [ 7 Answers ]

I have a turkey in my freezer from last year that has not been cooked, yet. How long can you keep a whole uncooked turkey frozen and it still be juicy, tender and have a good taste when cooked?

Account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope I am doing this right. Just found out over the Internet my Bank account has been Frozen. Not mush in it I get ssi.going to call the Bank when they, I don't knon anybody I own, But I am very upset? Thank for your answer. Pat:(

Frozen account [ 3 Answers ]

My Bank account was frozen for a past creditor,and I have direct deposit going into my account next week. Will I be able to withdraw my funds?

Lien on my checking acccount [ 2 Answers ]

I have been homeless for the past 2years due to mental health ( I suffer from depression) I now live in a Transitional Housing Program, Trying to save money to get housed. Just started working about and opened a checking account... This law Firm, which I have never heard of (Cohen & Slamowitz )...

View more questions Search