Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkcristalk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Private deal with Friend she gave no paper work to sell
    My husband and I bought a modular home in 1999 privately from a friend's mom and was given a photocopy of a BOS for $1 and told that this would do. What did we know we did not use lawyers and they were friends. Her mother died and they moved to Florida. We live in NY now we want to sell and get a piece of land because they turned the park that the modular home is located in to an over 55 park. We are only in our late 30's. We were told that the photo copy will not due. What can we do. We contacted the DMV they don't give homes 1992 a title. The woman that sold it to us is dead and the daughter is in Florida somewhere god knows. We want out of the home just with what we bought it for. We have a buyer but they want the proper paperwork. Do you have any suggestion. There were no lawyers this was all done privately.
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkcristalk
    We were told that the photo copy will not due.
    WHO told you this? So you're needing a title showing you as the owner? Did you ask whoever told you your BOS isn't sufficient what you DO need?

Have you tried to track down the friend in FL? You can find people through the internet pretty inexpensively. If she's the heir of her mother's estate you'll probably need to find her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2007, 09:31 AM
    You bought a modular home, but rented the space it was on from the park, is that correct?

If so, then the Bill of Sale should be sufficient. There is no deed since you didn't own any real estate and no title, since it not really a motor home or trailer. Therefore a duly executed BOS should be sufficient.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
    I will agree, who told you this is not enough, if mobile homes of that year do not have titles ( and many of the older homes were not titled) a bill of sale is all there is, and a copy of that bill of sale is all you need. It is like selling a TV set or other personal property that is not deeded or titled.

I would suggest getting local legal cousel or just finding someone else to buy it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work Paper Elimination Journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

P Company purchased 100% of S Company on January 1, 2002, at its book value. During 2002, P Company received $80,000 in consulting fees from S Company. On the work sheet to prepare a consolidated income statement on December 31, 2002, the following elimination entry is needed: a. Consulting...

Work Paper Elimination Entry [ 1 Answers ]

P Company purchased 100% of the voting stock of S Company for $300,000 in cash. Assuming P Company purchased S Company at its book value, one part of the work sheet elimination entry at acquisition date is to: a. credit Stockholders' Equity for $300,000. b. debit Cash for $300,000 c. credit...

How to deal with Friend that may be having an affair [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My mother brought me up with integrity, good ethics and morals. My father had an affair when we moved to NY and I was in grade school. I saw how this destroyed her and our family. My parents are now divorced and I have a good relationship with my father, however, I have...

Fired from work but statement on termnation paper was a lie [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in North Carolina which is an at will state. But one thing that I would like to know I was given the termnation paper signed and dated with worl logo and mangers singature but the statement was a complete false statement. I called the owner and ask for a meeting she meet with me and said that...

My best guy friend? Is it going to work? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I've been friends with a guy for 1yr and 4mnths now.. We started being friends, because he went through a difficult breakup and me too, so we helped each other.. since then we've become BEST BEST friends. We are totally comfortable with each other. We started kissing and it was just kind of...

View more questions Search