Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animedude09 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Science Degree
    Hey
    I am going to be a Junior in high school, trying to figure out what I possibly want to do with my life before college gets here. I know I want to do something in the science field, and I was wanting to know if anyone knows what colleges/universities have a great science program?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
    "science" is a very broad area,

Electricial engineer, mechanical engineer, a bio chemical research,
    Or a rocket scientist ( got to laugh on the rocket scientist jokes, my neighbor is one, retired from NASA)

But there are 1000's of great colleges, and often you can do the first couple of years a your local JR college also.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 09:44 AM
    You need to whittle down that science field to discover a sub category that fits your interests and academics. In your school there should be a guidance counselor or career counselor - someone with access to college and degreee information, as well as scholarships and grants.

Here is an article that may offer some useful advice - as you will see, there are many choices of degree paths to take and what to do with those degrees.

"What Can I Do With A Science Degree?"
    http://www.careers.usyd.edu.au/stude...ms/science.pdf

Here is the general link to many articles discussing science degrees:
    what to do with a science degree - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Degree [ 7 Answers ]

I will be graduating soon and was wondering what college degree to get that will enable you to have a job with at least 60,000 to 80,000 dollars a year. Maybe in the Technical or Engineering field? I wanted to get a Bachelors degree then a masters later on but you probably have to go 8 years if...

AA degree [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to receive a AA degree through correspondance classes only? Is there a possible way to get an AA degree more quick than 2 years?

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

Sport Science Degree [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I am interested in taking a Sport Science Bachelor Degree. I understand that because of the nature of this course the best option would be studying on campus, but unfortunately I am suffering from second rupture of the Achilles tendon followed by two operations....

A.Th Degree [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering getting an A.Th degree, it is 80 credits and 7 years, unaccreddited, from Calvary Chapel. Would it be smart for me to try to get this degree, being that it is Unaccreddited? Also, what do you need to Legally become a pastor, perform marriages, etc.. Ordination?? Thank...

View more questions Search