Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jun 16, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Movement every 3 days
    I am currently 18 weeks 5 days pregnant and I am consistently feeling movement about ever 3 days. I feel the baby move about 3 or so times a day on the days I do feel movement. I know some woman do not feel anything till 20 weeks; however, I wonder is it normal for me to feel movement and then feel nothing for 2 days strait?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Does it feel like bubbles? Or maybe butterflies in your stomach? When I was pregnant my doctor told me I wouldn't feel constant movement until about 20-24 weeks. I felt the same thing when I was where you are.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Oh, yes this is perfectly normal for some women. Now, when you get further along and your baby is bigger you will feel this, and more, every day several different times a day, sometimes even at night (one of mine liked to play all night, she is still a nightowl).

So, not to worry hun, this is normal.

Isn't it fun though? I loved all 4 of my pregnancies.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Okay I got my pregnancy book in front of me now. It says to start your Fetal Movement Count at 28 weeks. This is when you should feel constant movement. Once you get to 28 weeks, you should feel 10 movements within 2 hours, if not, it is suggested to go to Labor and Delivery. Since you are only 18 weeks this shouldn't be something to worry about right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

34 weeks pregnant and little movement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am 34 weeks pregnant and usually my baby is VERY active. For the past two days, she hasn't moved much, if any. Could something be wrong?

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

Bowel movement [ 3 Answers ]

Lately, but very sporatically, my bowel movements have been almost pure liquid. I don't think it is diarrhea because it is very random, and only happens once then stops. This is gross, but as soon as I go to the bathroom, it just comes out. I didn't know if it was just my digestive system being...

Movement of earth [ 2 Answers ]

Can I know something about the movement of earth?

Cast Iron movement [ 8 Answers ]

My son and I have decided to build out a bathroom in our basement. With some advice of others we're doing pretty good but now we've gotten to fitting the toilet and shower drains to what our design it. All along we thought we had PVC drains but they turn out to be Cast Iron. Both have a pipe...

View more questions Search