200% declining balance using the half yr convention
    150% declining balance using the half yr convention

purchased shelves on April 1, 09

cost of shelving... 12,000
    freight charges... 520
    sales taxes... 780
    installation of shelving... 2,700

they have 20 yr life and no residual value

this is for a homework assignment in financial accounting. I just can not figure the problem out
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2012, 06:47 AM
    Is there any other information provided. What years were used for each rate of depreciation. Or what rate of depreciation are you required to use. The half year convention does not make sense at all.

Also you should add all of costs incurred to purchase and install the shelving unit.
    badinmath Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pready View Post
    Is there any other information provided. What years were used for each rate of depreciation. Or what rate of depreciation are you required to use. The half year convention does not make sense at all.

Also you should add all of costs incurred to purchase and install the shelving unit.

I gave all the information I have on this problem. But I did figure it out thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depreciation methods; partial year depreciation [ 5 Answers ]

A company had a bulldozer that was destroyed by fire. The bulldozer originally cost $170,000. The accumulated depreciation on it was $90,000. The proceeds from the insurance company were $155,000. The company should recognize a.A loss of $75,000. b.A loss of $80,000. c.A gain of...

200%-declining balance with half year convention [ 0 Answers ]

On April8, 2010, Dreamland Park purchased a ferris wheel for $300,000. The estimated life of the ferris wheel was 10 years, with an estimated residual vale of $60,000. The service life in terms of output is estimated 30,000 hours of operation Compute the deprecition on this ferrs wheel in 2010 and...

Half the year on F1 status, other half on H1 status, what tax return do I file? [ 5 Answers ]

Half the year on F1 status, other half on H1 status, what tax return do I file? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Depreciation: 200% declining balance method with half-year convention [ 1 Answers ]

Swanson & Hiller, Inc. purchased a new machine on September 1, 2006, at a cost of $108,000. The machine's estimated useful life at the time of the purchase was 5 years and its salvage value was $8,000. Prepare a depreciation schedule using 200% declining-balance method.

Fiscal year convention [ 1 Answers ]

I am preparing financial projections for a business plan. Would a fiscal year from Jul 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005 be properly designated as 2004 or 2005? Thank you.

View more questions Search