Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rollerskate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 01:17 PM
    Did children think they could fly when superman was first aired on television
    I seem to remember someone saying that when Superman was first aired on television in the 1950s, that a lot of kids, perhaps hundreds, believed that putting on a cape gave them the ability to fly and many of them fell to their deaths. Does anyone remember this, and most importantly, does anyone have proof of this?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 3, 2013, 01:22 PM
    No, I don't believe it's true - it sounds apocryphal to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Complete Return of Superman and Doomsday Death of Superman [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 ring binder (superman... It was made for the cards) and it has the complete collection of both the death and return. It even has all the little collector pins and tattoos that came with the cards. How much is this worth?

Popular television movie that aired in the 1980's [ 1 Answers ]

This movie was about a child that wet his bed and came home one day to find his sheet hanging out his window to embarrass him. He came home from school and saw them and started running. I think his mother was not very nice to him. Can anyone tell me what the title of this television movie is? ...

ABC television movie aired in late 1970's or 1980's [ 0 Answers ]

I don't have much information at all. This movie had a boy in a forest or woods and some animal was going to attack him and his stuff animal became a animal and saved him, I think he was alone. I was a child then and don't have any more memory of this television show. If you can help thanks

Television and Children [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancee's 6 year old daughter always wants to watch Tv. I Know its normal for a kid that age to want to watch TV, but that's all she does unless her Dad or I end up saying something to her. I think part of the problem is that when she goes to visit her mom that's all she does there because her...

Television and Children [ 14 Answers ]

:) Hello Everyone, If you are like me, then you must appreciate gardening. I love my garden. While doing some gardening today I was able to reflect on how gardening is very much like nurturing a child. The garden needs to have the soil prepared and then to sow the seed and water it...

View more questions Search